7

~Ayla's POV~

I was the only one in bed still when I woke up.

A little bit confused at first, I sat up and crawled to the end of the bed, glancing into the bathroom and then into the living room to see if Soren was here. However I didn't see him, so I assumed that he had left the room. Maybe he had gone to get some breakfast from one of the restaurants that the resort had, since it was pretty early in the morning.

It was early enough still that I just flopped onto my back again, rolling over onto my stomach with my cheek buried in the pillow. I yawned and stretched an arm out across the bed, able to take up as much room in bed as I wanted to now that Soren wasn't here. With one leg lifted so it stuck out of the blanket I sighed in content, letting myself begin to drift back to sleep. As I was in the middle of drifting back off to sleep, I suddenly heard the sound of Soren's smooth voice. "Jesus." He muttered.

Having thought that he was gone, I was naturally pretty freaked out by the sound of his voice, making me snap my eyes open. I saw he was stood in the doorway between the living-room and the bedroom, holding a bag of something in his hand as he looked at me with raised brows. "What?" I mumbled, frowning. "I thought you left. When did you get back?" I asked, confused.

Soren held up the bag that was in his hand. "I just got back. I went to grab some breakfast." He answered, setting the bag down on the ottoman bench at the foot of the bed. His eyes assessed the way I was sprawled out in the bed and he smirked in amusement. "Clearly, you took advantage of my absence." He added, chuckling to himself. I just groaned and buried my cheek into the pillow some more. "I'm tired." I mumbled back, shutting my eyes.

He chuckled softly and retreated into the living-room, taking his food with him so that I could sleep a little longer. I truly did try to fall back asleep again, but I found it hard when I knew that he was only a couple feet away, and that he was completely awake. It was probably because him being up this early whilst I slept made me feel lazy, which I didn't like feeling. For some reason, that always made it hard for me to fall back asleep.

I sighed and tossed and turned for a while, before I eventually sat up and huffed in complaint. I climbed out of bed and glanced in Soren's direction, eyeing the back of his head of dark, messy hair. He seemed to be eating his food so I didn't want to interrupt him, but I also wanted to shower really bad. Unsure what to do in the meantime I just wandered into the bathroom, heading into the toilet to empty my bladder, being sure to wash my hands afterwards. Then I returned to the bedroom, beginning to look through the dresser drawers for something to change into once I could actually shower.

Thankfully Soren scared his food down pretty quickly, so I grabbed my change of clothes and stalked into the living room, gently tapping him on his shoulder. He glanced back at me, raising a brow. "I was wondering if you could leave. I need to shower." I asked, and he nodded, standing up from the chair with his trash in his hands, which he tossed on his way out of the room.

Before I headed into the bathroom I waited for a while, wanting to be sure that he wasn't going to just come walking back in, and then I undressed after I turned on the shower. The steam fogged up the glass and steam flowed out of the shower when I opened the door, stepping in beneath the hot stream of water. I had already put my shampoo, conditioner, and the body wash that I had brought with me in, so I didn't have to use the tiny bottles that they provided, thankfully. There was no way that those tiny bottles would last me a week, not with the amount of hair I had on my head.

I showered pretty quickly, not wanting to make Soren wait to come back, and then stepped out. I dried off and wrapped myself in a towel, making sure once again that Soren hadn't come back before I quickly began to get dressed in my shorts and tank top that I lounged around in a lot. They were pretty comfy.