8

~Ayla's POV~

Soren and I came back to our room a little bit late, as we had mostly just been out exploring the different restaurants all day. I wouldn't have been surprised if I had put on ten pounds today.

I kicked off my shoes and glanced over as I heard Soren flop onto the bed with a loud groan, his large frame sprawled out across the entirety of the bed—even my side. "Fuck, I feel so full I could fucking explode." He muttered, causing me to snicker softly. "Aw, what a poor little thing." I said playfully, beginning to search through the dresser for a big, oversized t-shirt of mine. "Shut up." He said, his voice a little muffled for some reason. When I look over at him again, I saw it was because he had his face flat down in the pillow, laying on his stomach. "I'm going to go change." I told him, heading into the bathroom toilet to use the restroom and then get dressed. This shirt was a little bit shorter than the one I'd slept in last night, but it was still comfy, so it didn't matter.

When I returned to the room after washing my hands and brushing my teeth I saw that Soren was still sprawled out on his stomach in bed, his back rising and falling with each breath he took. I wondered for a moment if maybe he had already fallen asleep, since he was clearly pretty tired. It wasn't like I could blame him, though. We had been walking around the resort all day, plus he was probably on the verge of being sent into a food coma because we'd eaten so much today.

Quietly I snuck into the living room and turned out the light, finding that he still had not moved a muscle when I came back again. He really seemed to have fallen asleep already, which was proving to be a problem because, A) he still had his shoes on and, B) he was taking up the entire bed now, not just his side. I shook my head to myself and walked over to him, gently tapping him on his back. He didn't move, so I resorted to gently shaking him. Still, though, he didn't even budge a bit. "Soren." I said softly, and he moaned into the pillow, causing me to think he was now awake. Then, however, he turned his cheek so his face was not buried in the pillow. He still looked as if he were sleeping to me.

A heavy sigh left me as I walked to the end of the bed, carefully taking off his shoes before I set them on the floor. Again, if he was awake, then he wasn't bothered by my actions because he stayed still.

He was also still wearing the clothes he'd left in this morning, which I imagined couldn't have been comfortable to sleep in, but I definitely wasn't going to change his clothes for him. Taking off his clothes was a boundary that I was not going to cross in a million years.

When I had his shoes off I gently grabbed him by his arm, trying to pull him more onto his side of the bed so I could go to sleep too. However he was a large, muscular man, so pulling him was basically pointless because I couldn't move him even a little. I grumbled in frustration, placing my hands on my hips as I stared at his body hopelessly. There was no way in hell that I'd be able to move him, and he didn't seem to be waking up any time soon, either.

I gave up on getting him to move or wake up and instead just headed over to the couch, taking my pillow with me from the bed. Of course I didn't have a blanket, so it was a little cold, but when I laid down on the couch I found it wasn't necessarily uncomfortable but it wasn't really an ideal place to sleep, either, considering there was a bed not even twenty feet away. After a little bit of tossing and turning, I finally managed to drift off to sleep, curled up in a ball on the couch.

There was something warm covering me when I woke up, making me curl up into it more until I remembered that I had fallen asleep on the couch, and without a blanket. My lids fluttered sleepily as I peeled them open, sitting up to rub my eyes. Like yesterday morning, I saw that Soren was gone already again when I peeked into our room, where the bed now sat empty. I debated going back to sleep but then decided I wanted to shower really quickly before Soren came back, so I got up and did just that. I had barely gotten my leopard print skirt pulled up over my short-sleeved black bodysuit before I heard the door to the room opening, letting me know that Soren was back.