31*

~Soren's POV~

I pulled my car up in front of the building and glanced out the window, checking to see if Ayla was off of work yet. Normally I was pretty late in picking her up, so I had tried to get here early today so she didn't have to wait so long for once.

It was pretty easy to spot her. With her long dark hair, that face and her body, Ayla was certainly hard to miss, even in a crowd. I took a second to check out her ass from behind, because she looked really good in jeans—she looked good in anything at all. I flicked my eyes back up to her face when she moved out of the way of the front door as someone else came walking out, revealing the person in front of her. She was talking to someone.

Curious, I watched on as she spoke to the guy in front of her, wondering who the hell he was. Was he perhaps someone that she was sleeping with on the side? The thought made my blood absolutely boil but I tried not to get ahead of myself. I mean, Ayla had told me that she didn't even have friends, let alone did she talk to a man who she'd sleep with. To me, they looked pretty fucking friendly with each other though, what with the way she began to laugh at something that he'd said to her. On top of that, he had the balls to touch her hand as she was laughing and swatting at him. It probably shouldn't have but it just infuriated me more. They looked like they were flirting.

My chest burning, I drove just a little bit further forward, hoping that it would catch her attention but she didn't even notice that I was already waiting here. She was too busy talking to the dude who I currently wanted to pummel the face of. Who the fuck even was this dude, and why was he making her laugh so much? I glared at him and clenched my fists tightly around the steering wheel, wanting to rip the item from my car so I could beat that guy with it. I tried to wait for a few minutes, but not even a full minute more passed before I couldn't stand to see them together any longer and I slammed my hand down on the horn, blasting it. It was obvious that it scared her because she jumped, whipping her head around before she spotted my car and then glanced back up at him. She said something to him and then came and got into my car, slamming the passenger's side door shut.

I waited impatiently until she had buckled her seatbelt before I stepped on the gas, wanting to get back home so I could pretend like I wasn't feeling jealous like this. I wasn't even sure what there was to be jealous of because it wasn't like we were in a relationship. Hell, I had told her I didn't want to be tied down to just her and now I was jealous because she was talking to another guy. How the fuck had I been okay with the thought of her naked for another man? My chest began to burn again, only more infuriated by the thought. I didn't want to ask but I hoped she had not slept with anyone but me since we started this.

Realistically, I knew I had no business being so jealous. The current relationship between us was my own doing. I didn't like the idea now, though. In fact, I fucking hated it. Thinking of Ayla with anyone other than me made me want to pull out all my goddamn hair.

"Are you okay?" Ayla asked hesitantly as I drove, seeming to pick up on my foul mood. "You're basically choking the poor steering wheel, and you're just glaring at nothing." She added. I scowled and gripped the steering wheel even tighter, turning down the road to our house as I reached the top of the cliff. "I'm fine." I snapped, nearly slamming my foot onto the breaks when I pulled up in front of the house. I yanked the key from the engine after swinging the door open, not saying anything more before I got out. I could tell that she was thoroughly confused as she scrambled from the car and hurried inside after me.

"Soren? You seem mad about something. Did something happen at work?" She asked me as I shut and locked the front door. I recalled the sight of her giggling and talking with that guy and turned around, staring down at her. "Who was the guy you were talking to when I went to pick you up?" I demanded, causing her to blink in surprise. She still looked confused but she answered regardless. "His name is Mitchel." She told me. "Are you fucking him?" I asked, realizing that the desire to know the truth was killing me almost more than the thought of it being true.