19

~Ayla's POV~

Soren let me take another few steps towards the kitchen before he grabbed me again, holding my arms behind my back as he pushed me up against the island counter. I felt his body close in on me from behind, a gasp leaving me when he used his free hand to reach around and gently grab me by the neck. "I know you're pissed at me, and I get it. I'm an asshole." He muttered, making me scoff and roll my eyes. Yeah, that was definitely an understatement.

"I mostly only invited them over to piss you off, because I knew it would." He admitted, which didn't surprise me at all. This was something I had already known. "But I have never pretended like I wouldn't fuck you in a heartbeat. In fact, I'm the only one of the two of us that had been completely upfront about that. You, however," His voice grew more pissed, practically growling as his other hand wandered to my thigh, gripping it tightly. "It's taken you this long to finally fucking admit it, and you expect me to just let it go?" He turned me around by his grip on my neck and used his hold on my thigh to lift me up onto the counter as if I weighed nothing.

He pressed himself between my thighs and wandered both his hands to my lower back, yanking me forward until my core pressed against his hips. I could feel the fabric of his shorts on my inner thighs, and even more noticeably, his erection between my legs. My core immediately warmed and I felt my face flush as I tried my best to lean away, placing my hands on the counter behind me. "Doesn't matter, does it? Because I'm not going to do anything with you even if we both want it, Soren." I hummed.

It was pretty clear to me that my words did not please him, because he narrowed his eyes at me and pulled my hips into his more. "Why? We're both grown adults. What is stopping you?" He wondered, peering into my eyes. My lips twitched and I placed a hand on his chest, pushing him back. I tried my best not to focus on the muscular feel of his chest, or the tent in his shorts that was making his arousal very well known.

"You are a playboy, Soren Maxwell." I said, kicking my legs through the air as I sat on the counter. "And I'm not about to have sex, or anything else, with a man who fucked a different girl everyday for a week after kissing me once. I told you I wouldn't be giving you anything more than a kiss when I have to, and that hasn't changed." My words were meant to both put him back in his place and piss him off all at once. However, he just looked at me with an amused smile that made it obvious he was neither of those things.

"Hasn't it, though?" He retorted, raising a brow. "Because that kiss we shared was in my home, where nobody else was around to see us. And yet you kissed me back, quite happily. Did you have to do that, Ayla, or did you want to?"

I didn't have a response to that question, because I realized that he was actually right, and ended up just staring him in the face silently. After a moment I hopped off of the counter, my feet gently hitting the floor with a deep sounding thud. I didn't look at him, nor did I bother to say anything to him, and instead walked over to his pantry. "Not going to argue with me on it, hm?" Soren asked me, sounding rather mocking. It made me irritated, because I felt like he always had the upper hand. For once, I wanted to one up this man and be the one to make him feel stupid. He was such a smart ass.

Again I didn't answer, but instead I grabbed a box of chocolate chip granola bars that I had bought for myself. When I turned back around I saw that Soren was now on the other side of the island, just watching me, and I gave him a fake smile as I swung the pantry door shut. "You're right." I said simply, realizing now that there was no use in hiding the fact that I was attracted to him. "I had wanted to, and you wanted me to as well, didn't you? Isn't that why you kissed me when we were alone in the first place?" I asked, raising a brow at him. His previously smug expression that he was wearing dropped as quick as ever, and now he was frowning at me, looking a little miffed. Hell, maybe he was embarrassed, not pissed.