6

~Ayla's POV~

Soren decided to just Uber Eats our food to our room for dinner, since neither of us really wanted to leave the room to get food. "Oh." I said as I stood next to the bed, realizing that he had distracted me earlier from what I had intended to ask him after I had unpacked my bag. "Did you want me to unpack your bag, too?" I asked him, cocking my head to the side.

He looked over at me, his long legs stretched out in front of him on the bed, and raised a brow. "That's fine. I can do it myself." He said, tossing his phone onto the blanket before he swiftly stood up to his impressive height in front of me. I had to crane my neck back to look up at him, making me realize just how much larger than me he was. It was quite obvious that he was a large, strong man. Seeming to notice that I was just looking at him he gave me a weird look and walked around me, a woodsy scent fanning into my face as he did, with the slightest hint of coconut.

Not having anything to do, I ended up just sitting down on the edge of my bed to finally kick off my heeled boots that, for some reason, I hadn't taken off yet. I stretched my legs out and let out a sigh of content, flopping onto my back so I was laying sideways across the bed. It proved to be a very comfy bed, which I was pretty happy about. At least I knew I'd be able to sleep well on it. I laid in bed for a little bit, letting my eyes flutter shut until I heard Soren begin to grumble to himself as he was putting away his clothes, making me open my eyes and sit up. He sounded annoyed, even when I couldn't hear exactly what he was grumbling under his breath.

I looked over at him, wondering what was going on that had him so irritated, and saw that he was trying to cram some clothes into one of the dresser drawers. A frown formed on my lips as I watched him, unsure why he wasn't just using one of the other four drawers that were left. Surely he hadn't brought so much stuff that he'd used the other four drawers, too.

"Are you having trouble or something?" I asked him, furrowing my brows. His head whipped over to me and our eyes connected, clear blue on hazel green. "No." He snapped, but he continued to try to push his clothes into the drawer aggressively nonetheless. I pursed my lips and pointed to the dresser. "Did you already use all the other drawers?" I asked, curious. He grunted and turned away, his brows drawn together angrily. "Maybe." He said simply, causing me to giggle to myself. What on earth did he even bring?

After a moment of continuing to struggle to push his clothes into the drawer, he seemed to have had enough because he roughly slammed the drawer shut, successfully closing it with his clothes in the drawer.

With the drawer now shut and his clothes all put away, he kicked his bag off to the side and stalked back over to me. He stopped in front of me, looking like a giant as he stood there. "You're in my spot." He told me, gesturing for me to move out of the way. I rolled my eyes and crawled over to the other side of the bed, since I had sat down on the side of the bed that he'd been laid on earlier. It seemed he was one of those people who preferred a certain side of the bed.

Soren flopped onto his side of the bed, which was the left side, and stretched his long limbs out. I awkwardly sat next to him and realized right then, with the little bit of space left that I had, that Soren took up a lot of space in this bed. "You take up like half of the bed." I told him, looking down at him as I crossed my legs. His eyes, which he had shut moments earlier, cracked open again to look at me. "And? What of it?" He muttered, not seeming to care very much. I narrowed my eyes slightly and placed my hands in my lap, tapping my fingers absentmindedly against my thighs. "How do you expect me to share a bed with you while we're here?" I asked, causing his lips to twitch into a dry smile.

"I can't exactly do anything about how much space I take up. If you don't like it, sleep on the couch." He told me, looking completely serious. I frowned at him. "No, no. It's fine." I mumbled, glancing down at my fingertips. He might've been a little too close because he took up so much space, but I still would've preferred to sleep in a bed than on the couch. Besides, he was right. I was being ridiculous about it, since it wasn't like it was his fault that he took up space.