Chapter 41

Yahaba POV:

The pound was empty. There was just the guy ho worked there. I looked over to Kentaro who was just as confused as I was.

"All the dogs have been either adopted out, or sent to a family that takes all of the older and disabled dogs. Sorry if you were looking for one."

"It's fine. We just like to come and spend time with the dogs. We can't afford one ourselves."

"Cool. Umm, you with the stripes in your hair, have we met?"

"I don't think so? Do you watch sports? We're the new Captain and Vice Captain of Aoba Josai's volleyball team so maybe you've seen us there."

"No, sorry... Anything else you're known for?"

"Oh. That. Yeah, my Father announced my wedding and inheritance of his company in the news. I'm Kyo. Inc's heir."

"Oh. Sorry! I should have not been so rude earlier! If I'd have known you were that important, I should have at least tried to remember your face!"

"Wow. Kyoken, what does the company even do?"

"Basically everything. Cars, Oil, Electronics, you name it."

"Wow. You're so important!"

"You know it sucks, don't be like that."

"Yeah yeah, whatever."

"Hey, you look tired. Are you getting enough sleep?" Kentaro asked the worker.

"To be honest Kyotani-san, no. My wife just had our first child and it's been a bit rough lately."

"Your name?"

"Nakamura, sir. Nakamura Sato."

"Well Nakamura, expect a raise in your future. We'll be going now. And, make sure you watch one of Aoba Johsai's matches at some point. We're headed for Nationals this year."

"Will do, thank you!"

"Anytime."

It was times like these I understood how powerful Kentaro really was. The heir to a rich company, a well-known figure, he was basically the person every man dreamed of becoming. And, he was all mine! Aren't I lucky? Being serious though, he's strong, and I once again feel like I'm standing at the sidelines.

"So, what now?" I asked as we walked towards town.

"I don't know, I'm bad at making decisions like these! Wait- I have an idea!"

"What?"

"We could decorate the cabin! You know, for the holidays. I've never done it before and it sounds really fun. We could just do what your family does?"

Never decorated for the holidays? My family isn't religious or anything, but we still did decorations and presents and stuff like that. Well, I guess that's adding to the list of ways his parents suck. It would be nice to add a bit of home to the cabin...

"Sure. Do you want to do just lights or get a tree as well?"

"Wait... people actually do that? The whole decorating trees thing? I thought that was a joke for movies, like carving pumpkins for Halloween."

"Ken, people do both."

"Oh. Wait really? Well, good thing I have you to teach me all this stuff! God, I would be so lost without you sometimes, Cream-puff, you have no idea... Now, to the store!"

"There's a few blocks down that'll have everything we need."

"Okay. Let's go them."

We entered the store and Kentaro excitedly ran towards the seasonal section, leaving me to grab a basket and chase after him.