Chapter 32

(Some homophobia, just warning you now.)

Kyotani's POV:

It was at the wedding, at the park. It was just as pretty as Shimizu's ideas made it out to be. Everything seemed to be going to plan, Shimizu was walking down the aisle and Yaichi was her maid of honor, just like we planned. I couldn't tell if Shigeru was there behind me, but I'm sure he was. 

"Kiyoko Shimizu, do you take Kyotani Kentaro to be your husband?"

"Yes."

What. That's not how this is supposed to go. No, no no no!

"And Kyotani Kentaro, do you take Kiyoko Shimizu as your loving wife?"

"No!"

"Wait really? You won't marry me? We're soulmates!"

"No, Shigeru's my soulmate."

"Shigeru Yahaba? From your volleyball team? What kind of fuckery is this? You're a guy, guys don't marry guys dumbass. You know that. Did you hit your head on the way here?"

"But, he's my soulmate. We had the same tattoo on our arms."

"Those don't matter anymore. Families pick soulmates. Plus, guys don't have the same tattoos as guys. Not unless they're rotten faggots. You're not a fag, are you Kentaro sweetie?"

"How could you say that? You're engaged to Hitoka!"

"Yaichi? She is only a friend. Not much of one at that, but she's good at what she does. Now stop being a fucking fag and marry me like we agreed to!"

"Can I see Shigeru first?"

"I don't know why, but fine I guess."

I turned around, expecting to see Shigeru there, but he wasn't. My best man was Iwaizumi-senpai, who was staring at me, disappointed. There was no tattoo on his neck. This wasn't the Iwaizumi-senpai that I knew. No, this was someone else.

"I can't believe you! I thought you were over that dumb phase. We worked so hard to get it out of you too, and you've gone and messed everything up again! Like you always do. You're a failure, a piece of shit, absolutely worthless. You should be thankful that Shimizu was even willing to marry a fag like you, even if it was just for money."

"Where's Shigeru?"

"At school, practicing. He's always there. Now get out of here faggot, unless you can actually be worth something for once and say your lines correctly."

I ran out of the park, tears barely still held in my eyes. I found my way over to the city. Everything was just so tall. The signs, the buildings, the disapproving glares and whispers of everybody around me. I just wanted to curl up into a ball and sob. But, I didn't, because Shigeru's here too. He's always there for me.

I trodded my way through the city, eventually making it to Aoba Josai. It seemed empty, abandoned almost. The windows looked dirty and the grass was wild and full of weeds. The door was open to the volleyball room. I walked in to see Shigeru practicing his serves. A number 1 on his jersey.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, angry.

"Sorry, this may sound strange but... could you, pull up your left sleeve?"

"What? Why?"

"I need to see if there's a tattoo there."

"There is, what about it?"