Chapter 55

Yahabas POV:

The wedding is in a month. A lot has happened in such a short period of time, it's hard to keep track of it all. For starters, Kentaro refused to let his mother see me. Probably for my own safety, because he's like that. We ended up in a separate house.

It's essentially the most expensive log cabin known to man. It has four floors, balconies, chandeliers, several pools, everything you could ever dream of, really. And yes, the bedrooms do have sticky stars on the ceilings.

Shimizu moved in not long after we did. Surprisingly we don't talk that much, but she's still really nice. Hitoka couldn't stay so she just comes over as often as possible. Sometimes the four of us will have nice meals by one of the pools and hang out.

The team all knows where we live now. It's nice most of the time because we don't have to worry about hiding, but other times... not so much. One night, I couldn't sleep, so I went to get myself a snack and who was in my kitchen?

Hanamaki in a moth man costume, eating an entire massive box of Cheeze-Its. The weird part is that we don't own Cheeze-Its. And it turns out Mattsun was also there, but he decided to swim fully-clothed in one of the pools. I should be grateful that neither of them got hurt, but it would have been really funny if one had to go to the hospital and explain themself.

Speaking of hospital, Kentaro's dad just got released. He went back to the house that his wife's at and no talk of a divorce has happened. I'm guessing that what he before said was a lie. I don't understand it, but it does make everything feel simpler.

As simple as it gets. With the upcoming ceremony, the four of us have had a lot of planning to do. We picked out a second house for the newlyweds to live in if this place doesn't feel comfortable anymore. It's got an orchard, so I'm sure they'll prefer that one. They love picnic dates.

The plan is the same as always. Well, the wedding plan, the second one I've come up with evolves by the day. We're nearly there, and the anxiety seems to only be growing. Shimizu's trapped under most of the pressure, having to end up married either way.

Most likely. We still don't know if they can actually force Kentaro and Shimizu to get married. It's still a very difficult position to be in. Moral of the story: Rich People Suck.

So clearly this is what I think about as I paint. The art teacher insists that I do more that just paint the same subjects offer and over again. Those subjects being my soulmate mark and the other wolf I use to represent myself. I just started using them in different art styles, which makes my art teacher annoyed, but also proud that I can pull off so many different painting styles.

I have full access to the frames in the back cabinet, which of course meant that Kentaro's finds every excuse to hang up more of my art. The people that come into our house for his business stuff have started asking about them.

He currently avoids the question, but after the wedding he plans on introducing me to them as his soulmate and the artist. I know he plans on asking me if I'll start taking commissions, but I haven't thought of an answer yet.

Kentaro has started taking over the business. It simply means that we're basically paying for ourselves and he's only in school for half the day. For volleyball he does Captain things in the morning and I do them for the afternoon practice.

Today's piece is not new, but a continuation of an old piece. I thought I had finished it, but looking at it again recently made me realize how much was missing. It was the first piece of the year. It had all of the wolves on the stone platform. I loved it then and I love it now, but it feels like there's more thats missing. The paining as it was only scratched the surface of the subjects' personalities.