Chapter 43

Yahaba's POV:

The shower was... enjoyable. Not really like last time though. A lot less of... whatever happened last time and more just messing around and trying not to fall over while messing around.

Did you know that Kentaro knows the words to a whole bunch of Ariana Grande songs? I sure didn't.Well, what can I say? He still finds ways to surprise me.

Now, we're just cuddling in bed. Kentaro's reading some novel. I think he said this one was science fiction? I'm just doing some sketches of him. You know what j just realized? I have no pictures of him. None at all. I know he hates pictures, but I still want a few. Maybe I'll ask him if we can take some later in the week...

"Hey darling? How would you feel if your family died?" I asked Kentaro.

He put his book down and stared up at me, "That's random... You didn't do anything questionable, right?"

"Not yet. I just want to know how you'd feel."

"Am I supposed to ignore the 'Not yet' or-"

"Yes, you are."

"Okay then... I guess I would be sad then. Maybe a little bit of crying. I wouldn't feel as bad after a week or something."

Wasn't expecting that. Really? After everything they've done? Kentaro, you are too kind. Literally.

"Surprised?"

"Yeah. They don't deserve your mourning!"

"Yeah, you have a point. If they died tomorrow though? And I didn't get a chance to say goodbye? I'd be sad that I didn't get to know if they regretted acting the way they did. That, and they're all I had for a really long time."

Shit! I shouldn't have asked, I'm an idiot. Such an idiot. I don't even know why he cares about me when I mess up like this. I should apologize, even though it won't matter.

"Wow. I'm sorry... I shouldn't have brought it up. That was stupid of me. I know that they're a sensitive topic."

"Talking about my parents can't be a sensitive topic anymore. I'm going to live with them. You were curious, that's okay. You're okay baby."

"Are you okay?You used to freak out really badly, I don't want to cause anything like that..."

"Yeah, I was a total mess, wasn't I? I'm getting better though. Don't worry, I'm actually doing just fine."

"Okay, just making sure. Is there anything specific you think helps? I'd hate to not be able to help if things got bad again at your father's house."

"Nothing I can think of I could bring with. This place has helped a lot. When you came here, the first time, I finally felt at home. It's peaceful and simple and happy here. Nothing like at home with all of the chandeliers, fancy food, housekeepers, and solitude."

"I'm sorry you have to go back there."

"At least this time I'll have you with me. I can hold up for a couple weeks."

"I know you can." I smiled at him.

He smiled at me. You know, it's weird knowing he's the same person that I met months ago. He looks older than when we first met, by a lot. Now his bumblebee hair is a little shaggy and he wears a tired look on his face instead of the old scowl. When it's just us, otherwise I can tell his emotions through his eyes. Speaking of his eyes, I could stare at them for hours. More grey than brown now, they're sharp and logical, but still warm at the core. They're majestic.