Chapter 2

"Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap! The one and only aggressive Kyotani is my soulmate! What do I do? Do I tell Oikawa? No, anything but that... Iwaizumi maybe. No, he still doesn't seem to like that guy. Why Oikawa felt the need to call me 'Cream-puff chan' today beats me. But regardless, it sucks. Now my soulmate calls me 'Cream-puff'. Oh well, we have more newbies and I want to meet turnip head and curtain haircut guy." I think, panicking and slowly relaxing.

I go up to the two first years. They seem to be in their own little world. Walking closer, I can see that their tattoos do match. I don't want to ask them about the matching broken crown and volleyball tattoos that they share on their adam's apple. Well, not at least until I know them for a little bit.

"Hi guys, sorry about earlier, the third years are a little, ..."

"Yeah, we know. At least Oikawa and Iwaizumi, they're our senpais from Kitagawa First."

"That explains a lot. Most people don't react that calmly to Oikawa's shenanigans if they haven't met him before. So, what are your names? If you didn't hear earlier, I am Yahaba. And no, you can't call me 'Cream-puff chan or Cream-puff'."

The onion headed one laughed at that, making the curtain-haired boy smile. It seemed that that wasn't a common occurrence because the onion boy turned to face him and gasped, his smile growing even wider. He started to talk quieter, but I could still hear them.

"...Hey, when did you start smiling like that in public..."

"...Since you started laughing like that. Who wouldn't smile after hearing that?..."

"...Stop, you're going to make m start blushing, you don't want them to know about us on the first day, do you?..."

"...Yeah, you're right..."

"...Let's tell him our names..."

"...Ok..."

The onion boy started the conversation, "Well it's nice to meet you, Yahaba-senpai. I'm Kindaichi."

He was followed by curtain-hair. "And I'm Kunimi"

Is now the best time to comment on their tattoos? Probably not, I thought. They probably expected a homophobic response anyway so it might be nice for them to see some support. So I'm going to do it anyway.

"Congrats, both of you. Oh, and don't worry, we aren't homophobic here. Oikawa and Iwaizumi are actually dating and soulmates and so are Makki and Mattsun. You'll fit in just fine here. Also, don't ask Makki and Mattsun about their tattoos. period."

"You heard us?" They said in unison, shocked.

"Well, yeah, I do have the best ears on the team. But I noticed that your tattoos match."

"We forgot to cover them, didn't we..." Kindaichi said sadly.

Kunimi looked at his partner and gulped, "...Yep."

"Well, crap."

"What're we going to do now?"

"I don't know."

"What if they ask about them, it always sucks to talk about the whole thing."

"...Yeah"

I guess they have tattoos that represent an event. That makes a lot more sense. Homophobia isn't a real issue for anyone on our team, especially with Iwaizumi around. But tattoos centered around an event are something that cant be just beaten away. The event is still remembered and it usually isn't something good. Just their luck, I like to keep my tattoo hidden at all times, so I always carry stuff to cover it inside my bag.