Chapter 58

Yahaba's POV:

After the wedding, we disappeared for a while. Not for a bad reason, Kentaro and I just wanted to spend our summer together without worrying about anything else.

A few weeks were spent back in our cabin. For some reason, it felt more like home than anywhere else, even the house I'd lived in my whole childhood. I decided that I wasn't going to move back there again. It's crazy, how fast life can flicker before your eyes.

Speaking of that, I visited my parents to say goodbye. Mom cried. I didn't really know what else to do, so I apologized over and over again. It only made things worse for the both of us. Kentaro and my father stood by as we hugged and shed tears.

Then, we went away from Japan for the remaining month and a half. Traveled the world. We saw so many places in Europe and the Americas. Places I knew some of my current teammates would end up in.

Honestly, thinking about where everyone was going seemed crazy.

Akira was going to Canada, where they could live peacefully as a non binary person. Of course, Yutaro was going too. He wouldn't let his partner leave him behind. It was a lovely place. We went in June, and everywhere seemed so accepting of all people. It is a good place for them.

We also went to Argentina, where Oikawa said he wanted to go to college. It was so lively there. He would find the place exciting. A nation that cared so much about love for Oikawa perfectly. Plus, their National Volleyball Team is pretty tough.

Iwaizumi was going to live in America. We didn't go where he wanted to study, but the place seems interesting. I don't know how he's going to cope with long distance, but I hope his studies will be enough to keep him from constantly worrying.

Makki and Mattsun have no plans but to simply exist. Through odd jobs they've been able to save up enough money to live in their apartment comfortably while figuring out what it is they want to do. I hope they figure it out, they deserve to experience everything.

Shinji got hired at the cake place his brother used to own. He's saving up every penny for culinary school and, eventually, his own restaurant. He's got big dreams, but we both know he can get there with enough hard work.

And what about us? Is there any future planned out for me and Kentaro? No, I don't think so. I have nothing worth doing and he has passed most of the company's work on to some trusted assistants.

What's there to decide? We've got money. Too much, if you ask the both of us. There's no goals he has in mind, so it looks like we're just going to live like we're retired I suppose.

Kyotani's POV:

Man, Shigeru sure is stupid. I love him to death but he has no idea how dumb he is. I'm glad I didn't actually hire him because he's not business material. No common sense in his head.

I took the trip to get his brain off of the company so he could finally realize that he lives for his art. And me, the love of his life, of course.

I was planning on buying him a small shop area I saw for sale once we got back. But, he's too much of a dumbass to realize that's something he actually wants yet.

Man, I wish I could just help him realize that... wait. Maybe I can.

Conversation time!

Yahaba's POV:

We're sitting on a beach right now. I don't remember where we are. Hawaii I think? It's warm, I'd love to stay like this forever. Hell, I probably will, with the way things are going.