Chapter 31

Yahaba's POV:

We all walked to the woods. The three of us. I didn't think this would ever happen, especially with Kentaro being all weird about well... basically, everything when we first moved in together at the cabin. But now, we're able to actually bring people around. How long has it been since I did that? It seems like forever ago since Oikawa made me go to a "Future Captain sleepover". I guess he couldn't do that anyway since I'm actually the Captain now... whatever, I'm getting distracted. 

I looked back to where Kentaro and Watari were chatting. Watari had a massive smile on his face, as usual. No surprise there. But, I also notice a small smile on Kentaro's face. The little smile makes his face turn up, which made his cheeks look puffy. So cuute!! I love him. I wonder what they're even talking about?

"So, you have a dog?"

"Yeah, her name's Pumpkin."

"Cool. What kind?"

"She's a little Shiba. Not your usual therapy dog, but she's great."

"She sounds adorable. I always wanted a dog as a kid, but Father said no."

"Why? Wouldn't a pet teach you leadership skills?"

"It would, but I didn't want like a German Shepard or the usual dogs a 'young boy' wants. I wanted a little fluffy Pomeranian, you know, the ones that look like the living embodiment of a cotton ball? Yeah, one of those. Father said that 'a young man like you should want a strong dog, not some ditsy girl's plaything.'"

"I'm sorry. Your father seems like even more of a douche than I thought. Somehow. How'd he end up being even worse?"

"I couldn't tell you. Can I meet your dog someday?" He laughed

"Sure! She's been trained to be good around strangers, so you'll be fine. I'm sure she'll love you anyway." Watari said, beaming

"Really?" He said, frowning slightly, "Animals seem to not like me much..." He pouted.

Adorable! I'm going to die of cuteness! I got so, so, so lucky. Is that why he liked the name Kyoken? Maybe, I'll have to ask him. But later.

We entered the woods and lead Watari to the cabin. When we finally got there... the look on his face was hilarious! I've never seen him that shocked before! I mean, who wouldn't be though? I guess I'd be just as surprised if like... umm.. Kindaichi and Kunimi went and lived in a little log cabin in the middle of nowhere. Which could be possible at this point, I've kind of been crappy at checking up on them. I'm a sucky Captain, Oikawa never forgot where any of us lived and checked up on all of us most of the time. why did he trust me with this, even Kindachi would have been much better. If Watari wasn't a libero now, he would have been the perfect choice for it.

"Hey, baby you good?"

"Everything alright Shigeru?"

"Yeah, I'm fine" I lied.

"Alright. You sure?" Watari asked, concerned, "I'm always here."

"Thanks, but I'm fine."

I unlocked the door and invited him in. 

"I know you aren't fine," Kentaro growled into my ear, "I love you, so don't think you'll ever be a burden to me for talking about yourself. Got it?" He said, almost angry.

"Okay, I got it."

"And don't you forget it. Come on, I'm going to need help making snacks."

We walked inside, where we found Watari examining every angle of the living room. I mean, sure, it's cool, but our fireplace isn't that interesting. Was I like this when I first came here? Haha, that was forever ago. The training camp... when Kentaro ran away... look at us now, it's amazing.