Chapter 18

Yahaba's POV

After the bell rang, ending my free period, I headed to my next class. The one I shared with Kentaro. we both are quite good at the subject, so we don't need to pay as much attention as everyone else did. Which means we can talk more. 

I should show him the sketch now. It's nothing super fancy, it's a scribbly design of our tattoo wolf. It's sitting in a clearing, howling at the moon. The sketch isn't as interesting as the design I have planned for the actual painting. You can't put that much detail into a sketch. I plan on having little fireflies surrounding the wolf. I hope he likes it. 

I get to class and see Kentaro sitting in my favorite spot. The one by the door. That jerk. Well, he's my jerk now, oh well. I sit in his usual seat, which is next to mine. I'm still kind of upset about him stealing my seat, so I wait until halfway through class to show him the sketch. 

I also tell him about the fireflies and other little ideas I had. He seemed to agree with them and added a few ideas of his own. There was one that stood out to me. The exchange went a little like this:

"Hay Cream-puff?"

"Yeah?"

"You know that white wolf, from the one painting you have in your room, the wolf, wolves- several wolves in a group on that mountainy-thing... (what're the words?)"

"Wolf pack?"

"That's what I was meaning to say!"

"I know. So what about it?"

"What if we had it here too? I was thinking like curling around our tattoo wolf maybe?"

I remembered how my art teacher saw that wolf like me. And I knew the tattoo wolf was all him. So did that mean... did he see it too? Did he see me as the white wolf? Did he want my wolf versions of us together in the painting? No, that's ridiculous... unless? Nah, I'm just overthinking again.

I added it to the sketch and changed where the fireflies and stuff were in my head. I have to say, I did like this one better. Maybe it was because Kentaro helped, and I kind of have a soft spot for the stuff he does. Well of course you do, he is your soulmate. Yeah, I knew that... 

Either way, discussing the first painting I was going to make for his- no, our cabin made class fly. It's our cabin now, idiot. Kentaro told us this, remember? Yeah, but it's still hard to understand. The bell rang and I walked with Kentaro until our paths split, hugging him quickly goodbye. 

Aww! He got all embarrassed. He'll probably be mad at me for that later, but how can I help myself when he looks so damn cute when he gets flustered? Well, time to go to art class. I should probably spend more time on this one than my other paintings. It is the first one going in the cabin after all.

I spend forever trying to find the right paints. This one has to be perfect. By the time I do the basic sketch and the base coat of paint, the class is over. I guess this one's going to take a lot longer than I thought. Maybe I should spend lunches working on it. No, you promised Kentaro that you'd spend lunch with him today. Shit, you right. 

I sit through my other class before lunch, bored out of my mind. I think of what I'm going to do next on the painting, and volleyball. I really don't think about much else, do I? Don't forget constantly thinking about your lovely soulmate. Yep, that too. 

I need to find more stuff to think about. On second thought, nevermind. I can barely function now, what's going to happen when I shove more stuff into my head? Nothing good, probably. Oh well, back to thinking about the same couple of things until I get to lunch.

Finally, the lunch bell rings. I don't even know how an hour can feel that long.  It really shouldn't be able to do that. I head to the vending machines near the edge of the lunch area, where I found Kentaro. We walked together to a quiet grassy area just outside the main lunch place. It's not too far away that we aren't hard to see of anything, but we're just far away enough to not be anyone's main attraction. I think.