Chapter 59

Yahaba's POV:

Our third and final year of high school has begun. Classes don't seem like they matter much to me this year, I can't afford college on my own. And no, I'm not going to get Kentaro to pay for it for me. Plus, if I did go, it'd be to get an art degree and that's basically useless.

Even then, I kept doing art classes in school. Branching out from my old art, I've felt more confident. It's easy to try one thing and be good at it, but there's a lot more that goes into being good at multiple things.

It's exciting, trying so many things.

Volleyball tournament season is about to begin and I'm certain that my team is ready. Our new first years need some work, but we have some that are solid receivers. For now, we're just using some of the taller, more all-around skilled as some replacement wing spikers.

Kentaro, even with his busy schedule, is continuing to try and come to practice. He's also practicing at home to stay our ace. Still, it's safe to say he's nervous not being there will ruin our chances for Nationals.

"Alright everybody, that's it for practice!" I yell to my team.

It still feels weird being the one to say that and not Oikawa. I hope I'm doing this right, it's not like he can give me tips on each practice from all the way in Argentina.

"Yahaba-senpai?" One of the new first years, Chisaki, asked me.

"Yeah?"

"Where's Kyotani-senpai? He's been gone from school for a week now."

"He had to take over a family business and it takes a lot of his time. He tries to be at school when he can."

"Oh. How do you know?"

"We're soulmates."

"Huh? But you guys are so different!"

"Not as different as you would think." I said, laughing a little. "Do you have one? A soulmate?"

"Nah, it faded during middle school."

"I'm sorry, I'm sure there's still someone out there for you though."

"Maybe."

"That's enough questions. Now go home, Chisaki, you need sleep!" I exclaim, shooing him out the door.

As he finally leaves, I let out a sigh of relief and begin cleaning up. After the whole room is finally cleaned up, I hear a knock on the door.

"Oh. I missed it again..." Kentaro said sadly.

"Kyoken!!" I yell, running into his arms. "I missed you. The meeting wasn't too boring I hope?

"So boring, you have no idea!" He complained. "Is the team doing better with the new guys now?"

"Having different people around is still strange for me, but everyone else seems to be adjusted. We're playing great."

"Im canceling any meetings during the tournament days."

"What are you going to say, "Sorry I can go, I have a high school volleyball tournament?" You're crazy."

"Maybe a little, but I suppose they won't have a choice anyway."

It works for me. To be honest, I was really hoping that we could spend time together during the tournament. It would match up with my plan too. That is, if everything goes the way I want it to.

I should start looking for the things I want. It'll be tricky to pull this off if I don't have those. But where to get the last one? Oikawa would probably know, I'll call him whenever it's reasonable in Argentina, he never responds when it's night. So, he's sleeping or partying.