Chapter 32

~A/N~ I'm going to have to rush out the next few chapters if I want to get the Christmas Chapter out on time... Not sure if I'm going to make it, but I'll be so bummed out if I don't. *sigh* more staying up late for me! Well, unless the world ended like those people say, and me being alive is actually imaginary. I would have uploaded last Saturday, but uh... I was kind of... Having a party? I do love my birthdays

Wattpad also seems to enjoy giving me heartattacks. As in, spazzing out and turning the views of almost all the stories on Wattpad to 0. Heartattack moment. If you've read all the way to here, you deserve a peppermint bark! *gives peppermint bark* Yes, peppermint bark. SO much better than cookies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can't believe you didn't tell me you're bring your Gryffindor lover over!" Narcissa Malfoy exclaimed for the hundredth time as we came out of the fireplace. I hated floo powder.

"Mother, how many times do I have to say it? She's not my Gryffindor lover," Draco groaned in annoyance.

"I find it hard to believe that you would bring a girl over for break if there's nothing going on!" She yelled, "and what am I going to tell Lucious?"

Suddenly, she stopped shouting and looked glum and depressed.

"He'll be released from Azkaban, right?" She whispered, unsure.

I stood awkwardly, not knowing what to do or say.

She looked to the floor and sighed.

"What a terrible way I've been treating my guest!" She pipped up, "my son wouldn't bring just any girl over, so it doesn't matter what he says, you've got to be someone special!" Draco groaned at this, but she simply ignored him.

"Would you like some tea, dear? Or maybe something to eat?" She asked me warmly, smiling.

I looked at her incrediously. Was she bipolar or something? Whatever it was, I was too shocked by her sudden change of mood to respond.

"Oh my! I forgot to introduce myself!" She fretted, "I'm Narcissa Malfoy, Draco's mother. And you are?"

"Alice Springs," I said, forcing myself to smile. It probably wasn't a good idea to leave a bad impression on the woman who decided if I stayed or not. Why did I decide to come anyways? This was just plain awkward.

Narcissa's smile turned into a look of shock at my last name.

"Springs?" She said slowly, "You are the daughter of Irene and Darius Springs?"

Now it was my turn to be shocked.

"You knew my parents?" I asked, my eyes wide.

"Of course! They were well known followers!" She said, "We... We never really got along. It was always a battle to stay in the Dark Lord's favor."

She looked sad, as if she wished that Voldemort never had existed. But why? Isn't she a follower? Her entire family?

Draco walked up to his mother, whispering something in her ear. Her eyes widened with realization before she turned towards me again.

"My appologies... I didn't realize you weren't a follower," She said awkwardly.

"It's alright Mrs. Malfoy," I said.

"No, no dear! You can call me Narcissa," She said while smiling, "I'll go tell the house elves to prepare dinner. Draco, take her to the guest room!"

She ran off quickly, yelling out the names of house elves and foods she would like prepared. I gave Draco a questioning look.

"She's just stressed out," Draco said, "Now follow me."