Chapter 55

~A/N : Does part of this chapter sound familiar to anyone? ;D

Like... *cough* The very beginning? *cough*

Well... Heavily edited and adjusted.

Would I really spoil the true end? :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stared at the stone in front of me. Just a large, uneven wall made of giant stones on some part of the top of some giant mountain.

"You brought me here.... To stare at a wall of rock...." I said slowly, not quite comprehending. My eye twitched as I looked at the wall. I was holding the various items Narcissa had bought for me -- from clothes to food. It was feeling heavy after holding it for so long.

"Be patient," Draco rolled his eyes. Since when was I ever patient?

Draco took out a dagger from his pocket and slowly dragged it across his index finger, making a deep bloody cut. I shuddered and winced for him at the sight. He signed his name on the wall, the blood disappearing the second it touched the wall as if it was soaking it in. When he finished, he felt around on the wall for a few moments.
Nothing happened. Draco furrowed his eyebrows.

"So? What's supposed to happen, other than the wall soaking up your blood in pretty patterns?" I asked as I tapped my foot impatiently. Draco just glared at me to shut up while he felt around more.

After a few more attempts, there was a click, then the horrible grating sound of stone grinding on stone. I cringed and held my ears as a crooked opening slowly appeared between the giant stones.

"This is where we keep things that are valuable and precious," Draco said.
"You don't keep those in Gringott's?" I questioned.

"This is safer," Draco replied and paused for a moment before continuing, "It's also where you're going to hide."

"Does that make me valuable and precious?" I asked with a smirk.

"Yes, you are," He said and motioned for me to go inside the dark opening. I stared at him, caught off guard by his reply.

He shot me a smile before turning me around so I could go in.

"Don't use magic in here. Ever. I'm serious, Alice. Nothing somebody can do to you without using magic can compare to what would happen to you," He warned.

I gave him an uneasy look. I was assuming that meant I would die a slow, painful death from whatever magical mechanism was keeping the place safe. Got it. No magic. He ignored my expression and motioned for me to go inside again.

I just stood and stared into the darkness for a few moments before sighing and slowly walking in while feeling my way around. I wasn't afraid of the dark, but some light to see where I was going would have been nice. Maybe Draco knew the place inside out, but I sure didn't, and tripping over things and walking face first into walls didn't seem like an appealing idea.

"You don't have to be so careful, there's nothing for quite a while," He said as he followed behind me.

"And how far is quite a while?" I asked, still being cautious.

"At least the height of this mountain," He said nonchalantly.

The height of the mountain? That was pretty far. I relaxed for only a moment before scrunching my eyebrows and thinking about what he had just said.

The height of the mountain?! Why would he know it was the height of the mountain? Who the fuck uses that for means of measurement? Unless...

I screamed as my foot hit air instead of the ground and I fell into the "at least the height of this mountain" deep opening.