Chapter 40

~A/N: I just noticed something... Wattpad has a chapter limit. Meaning, I'm going to have to make my chapters longer (or go back and squish some together... but then the comments would make no sense...) for everything to fit, because I planed for this book to cover years 6 AND 7. 

Also, my appologies for the SUPER SUPER long wait! Has it really been a month before I wrote anything? Oh... That's not very good...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat in the common rooms, glaring at the wall.

"Alice, stop glaring already," Hermione sighed at me.

I ignored her and glared harder at the wall.

"You'll miss breakfast if you don't hurry," She warned, "Aren't you comming?"

"No," I pouted, "I'm not going anywhere and I'm not going to stop glaring until you give me my necklace back!"

"You're not getting the necklace back until I find out exactly how dangerous it is, and even then you probably won't get it back!" Hermione said, "Now come eat! It's not my fault if you starve to death!"

"It WILL be your fault!" I glared even harder at the wall, "I can't go anywhere! How am I supposed to participate in class without a wand?"

"Just get a new wand then," Hermione rolled her eyes.

"NO! I need to have a wand made by a special person!" I turned, yelling at Hermione.

"How does this have to do with your necklace?" Hermione asked, confused.

"I need my mother's necklace to convince the person to make me a wand!" I lied, hoping Hermione would buy it instead of insist on taking me to the person and trying to convince him with words.

Hermione rolled her eyes before walking off.

"Not my problem if you starve!" She called back to me before leaving through the portrait hole.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why did I have to come to class?" I whined, "What can I do without a wand anyways?"

"Miss Springs, do not complain and find excuses to be lazy and not to do work in my class! Five points from Gryffindor!" Snape said coldly before turning and beginning to teach the lesson. Find excuses! I was not trying to find an excuse to be lazy! He was probably even there New Year's Eve with the Death Eaters and was helping the people who made me lose my wand! How dare he!

I was sitting alone at my table without a partner, as Draco still hadn't returned to school. Was he hiding? Or had something happened to him New Year's Eve? I felt panic build up inside me.

I pushed the thought away and tried to focus on listening to what Snape was saying. I didn't really feel like listening anyways, as he was describing vividly and with extreme detail what an inferius looks like, and from how he was describing it, it probably looked like the rotting corpse of a Snape. Except that I couldn't be that lucky and Snape would probably not just die.

From the corner of my eye, I noticed Pansy giving me weird glances. Was something wrong with me? Did I forget to cover the black scar on my face this morning? I self conciously touched my cheek, feeling the concealer and powder on it. No, it wasn't my cheek...

"OW!" I yelled as a ball of paper was thrown into my face. Snape turned around, glaring at me and using his wand to take the paper.

"Passing notes, Miss Springs?" He said with an evil smile on his face as he undid the paper ball and began to read what was inside, "So desperate that you're dressing like me? How did you get the money to even afford those robes? Selling your body?"