Chapter 49

• Dedicated to You

~A/N : Yes, I switched more events around here, but here's the chapter!

Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates it!

Once again, a short chapter, but... this chapter contains a little present inside it *wink wink*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood at the door of the potions classroom, unable to make myself open it. I was thirty minutes late to class thanks to the conversation with Dumbledore, and was still shocked about what he had asked me to do. If I stood infront of the door any longer though, Hermione might finish her talk with him and find me just staring at a door with my hands shaking on the handle. I could hear Slughorn through the door, talking enthusiastically.

Would Draco be in class today? Or did he lock himself in the Room of Requirement again? The thought of seeing him made me nervous. I took a deep breath and opened the door, wincing in pain as I remembered that I had hurt my hand.

The entire class turned and stared as I silently entered the classroom. Slughorn chose to ignore me and continue talking about the assignment, but his voice lost the passion from earlier. The two empty seats were both next to Draco. I awkwardly sat down next to him and looked away from him. I could tell he was doing the same.

Why was I afraid to look at him anyways? It wasn't as if it was my fault that Hermione tricked me into drinking Amortentia, but I doubt he knew anything about that other than that I was fawning over Harry. My anger and energy had been knocked out of me by Dumbledore's request though.

"Miss Springs, since there's no time for you to begin your own potion, find someone to partner with instead," Slughorn said, finally paying some attention to me.

I glanced at the ingredients laid out on the tables. They were all different from table to table, ranging from ingredients for Hair-Raising Potions to Shrinking Solution. Harry seemed to be making an altered form of some elixir, while some Ravenclaw girl was just freaking out about an ingredient she accidentally put in too much of.

"What's the assignment anyways?" I asked Draco without thinking. He just kept stiring silently for a few moments before finally answering.

"To make something amusing," Draco said quietly without looking at me. I bit my lip and looked down at the ingredients.

"Hiccoughing Solution?! You call that amusing?" I blurted out, causing Draco to glare at me.

"Why don't you tell me some potions you find amusing then, since you're absolutely hilarious?" He said. I glared back at him and crossed my arms.

"Sure! I find lots of potions amusing! Fungiface Potion! Drink of Despair! Alihotsy Draught!" I said in annoyance. Draco turned to stare at me with a weird expression on his face -- as if he was imagining people's faces growing fungi, screaming in fear and pain, and going insane -- then burst into laughter at my idea of amusing. I just glared at him more.

I didn't even notice Hermione had entered the room until she sat down on the other side of Draco and rolled her eyes at me.

"That's a pretty dark sense of humor you have there," She huffed.

"Want me to make you drink all three, like you made me drink Amortentia?" I spat as the anger came back to me. Draco turned to look at Hermione in confusion before his eyes widened when he realized what had happened. Hermione clenched her mouth shut. Her face flushed a bright red as she stood up abruptly and stormed off to work with someone else.

"Miss Granger, please walk more carefully in the Potions Classroom so you don't break anything," Slughorn said, "Five Points from Gryffindor."

"Hermione! I just earned those five back form zero!" Harry groaned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can't believe Potter got praised while my potion was 'only passable!' " Draco said in annoyance.

"I told you Hiccoughing Solution was lame," I said as I sat on a table.

"Right. We should have brewed Alihotsy Draught so we'd get sent to Azkaban," Draco rolled his eyes.

Everyone had left already, so we were all alone in the potions classroom. I glanced at the various vials of potions and ingredients in the shelves. There wasn't a potion to fix magical Cabinets, right? We would have to work together to fix the cabinet. A question popped up in my head.

"Draco, are we still toge-" I started, but stopped immediately when the door to the potions room opened. I stared as Hermione walked into the room with an annoyed expression on her face. Was she listening in on us?

"Stop looking at me like that. I forgot my quill," she said and walked to her table. Quill? Why would she have a quill out when all she did was make a potion? She picked up her quill and turned to leave.

Just as she was about to pass me, Hermione slammed herself roughly into my injured shoulder.

I cry out in pain and reached for my shoulder but Hermione had knocked me off balance and I fell forward towards the floor. Draco leapt forward and caught me in his arms before I hit the floor.

"Leave her alone." Draco growled as he pulled his wand out. He pointed it at Hermione with one hand and held me tightly with his other.

"Why should I? Why don't you leave her alone?" Hermione said in annoyance. She threw her quill back down and stormed out of the room.

I winced as my shoulder burned in pain. Draco looked at me in worry.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he looked into my eyes.

"Yes, because I'm a masochist and this is really enjoyable," I said sarcastically. Draco rolled his eyes before reaching for my shoulder. I flinched when he touched it. His expression made it seem like he was in pain too.

"I'm sorry, Alice," he whispered. I looked at him in confusion. "I should have realized that something was wrong and you were under Amortentia, but I was too shocked to think properly."

"It's okay," I smiled. Draco smiled back. A real smile instead of his usual smirk. He pulled me in to a hug and held me tightly.

"I'll protect you," Draco whispered into my ear, making me shudder involuntarily. He inhaled deeply, closing his eyes and enjoying my scent. He pressed his lips lightly onto my neck and trailed kisses down to my collarbone, nipping at my skin. I gasped as he lightly bit my neck, and felt him smirk into my neck. His breath was hot against my skin as he sucked at it.

"Someone will see-" I started, but lost my train of thought when Draco's hand found its way up my shirt. He trailed a finger down my back, sending shivers up my spine. My thoughts were clouded and I was breathing heavily. I ached for his touch.

"Draco..." I moaned softly, fighting to not be heard by anyone. Draco's silver eyes darkened with lust.

I buried my face into his chest, whimpering at his touch. I hated being so vulnerable, but every touch of his fingers set my skin on fire.

"I love you, Alice," Draco whispered, "I'll do anything to protect you."

"I love you too," I said. Draco smirked before letting go of me. My body called out in protest at the loss of physical contact. I mentally cursed myself for wanting him so badly.

"Draco wait," I called after him as he turned to leave, "I have to tell you something."

He turned back around and waited patiently for me to catch my breath so I could talk.

"I'm going to help you fix the cabinet, and you're not stopping me," I said quickly and ran off before he could respond.