Chapter 6

Chapter 6

“Mione, was dinner good?” I asked, still saddened by the fact that I had slept through my favorite part of the day.

“It was the best! We had a feast!” She said, imagining the food.

“You’re just teasing me! Why would we have a feast?” I laughed, seeing right through Mione’s little tricks.

“No, really, Alice! We got a new professor! Professor Slughorn is the Potions teacher now, Snape’s down to only Defense Against the Dark Arts, which makes no sense.” Mione rambled. Well, on the bright side, I won’t have to see Snape’s disgusting hair two times a day now!

My stomach grumbled.

“How’s that even possible!” Hermione moaned, talking about my hunger. A hand popped out of nowhere, grabbing Hermione. “AHHH!” She whipped out her wand, only to see it was Ron and Harry, laughing like crazy. “Not funny, guys!” She whined, “Why’d you come anyways?”

Harry stopped laughing, and looked serious. “Hermione, I think I just confirmed that Malfoy’s a death eater!” He whispered. I felt like laughing. Well, duh, we knew that all along. Why’s it so serious? Actually, now that I think about it, I was completely out of my mind when I freaked out that day I saw Draco’s death mark. We all knew that he was one the whole time!

“That’s not all,” Ron continued, then whispered the rest in Hermione’s ear. She gasped.

“We’ve got to alert Dumbledore!” She whispered quite loudly.

“What? What! What is it, guys! Tell me!” I tried desperately to find out what they were talking about. It was killing me to watch them so worried and planning stuff out in my face, when I didn’t know a thing. I glanced at the clock. “CURFEW!” I screamed. We were ten minutes late already, and everyone had left! Of course, they were too busy in their little conversation to notice. The door was starting to creak open… Professor would kill us! We probably couldn’t tell her what we were talking about, and then she’d think we were pretending to have not noticed everyone leaving and-

“Miss Springs, detention. Tomorrow.” A voice said before leaving. I was confused. What about Ron and Harry and Herms? I turned. Great. They ditched me. “I’M GONNA KILL YOU GUYS!” I hollered, making note of the giggles I heard from around the corner. I stomped off to my room that I shared with Hermione and Ginny.

Hermione giggled and hid under her covers. You better! I thought, or I’d kill her!

“Alice Alice Alice!” Ginny smiled at me, “Are you going to the party? Or is detention gonna take all night?” She laughed. I looked at her confused, what party?

“It’s celebrating Slughorn’s arrival! It’s a REAL party!” Ginny bounced on the top bunk, making me feel like there was an earthquake on the bottom.

“It’s in the Slytherin common rooms thought.” Mione pouted.

“Even better!” I said, making them utterly confused. I laughed. “Guys, the only place a REAL party could happen is there! That’s the only place the teachers don’t check for curfew, since the Slytherin professors all think of them as perfect, and they can do whatever they want!” I explained.

Ginny bounced even more, causing me to smack her leg. “Ow!” She whined, “Sorry, but will there be like… drinks?” She whispered the last part. I grinned at her, rolling my eyes. What else would you expect at a Slytherin party? She gave a little squeal and hid under her covers.

“Mione, what was the thing you found out earlier? The thing Harry and Ron told you? About Draco?” I suddenly remembered. Gosh, the thought of a decent party at last really fogged up my mind.

“Oh! Yeah, we found out his mission! He has to kill-” She began.

“WHO’S TALKING? IT’S PAST CURFEW! DETENTION IF I FIND YOU!” A nasty voice called from outside. As if on cue, we all lay down in our covers, feigning sleep. Eventually, we actually did fall asleep.

~*~ A/N : Whoopie! Two birds with one stone! Well, sort of. I fixed up the Snape/ Slughorn confusion, AND found a way to get them into a real party! Mhm... I've learned to research before writing now! Oh, like the new cover? If only Alice were a Slytherin! ~*~

-Kira