Chapter 35

Chapter 35

~A/N~ Phew! A chapter a day is exhausting! Well, I got the chapter out on Christmas (where I live, at least) and I'm happy now :D

Merry Christmas!

Hope you guys like the chapter (and don't find it too awkward!)

*

~~~~~~~~~~~~

*

"That was an awesome Christmas Eve dinner," I said, plopping down on the couch.

"You just love food," Draco snorted as he walked over, following me, "How are you not fat when you eat so much?"

"I'm just awesome like that," I smirked as I scanned the Daily Prophet.

Increased uprisings, nonsense about the future, all that junk.

"Why do you even read that?" Draco asked, pulling the newspaper away from me to have a look.

"Because the things Rita Skeeter says are so terrible and ridiculous that they're hilarious," I said, pulling the newspaper back into my hands so I could watch the moving picture of some apparently imporant guy from the ministry.

Draco rolled his eyes and began to leave for upstairs.

"Well I'm going to sleep," Draco said smirking, "Wouldn't want to wake up late for presents tomorrow."

This time it was my turn to roll my eyes at how ridiculous he was.

I kept flipping through the Daily Prophet, checking for anything about Hogwarts or anyone I knew.

My, this newspaper really was boring.

*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*

"Wake up, you lazy," I felt someone nudge me.

Opening one eye, I saw Draco.

"You fell asleep on the couch," He said, "Now get up so I can open my presents without my mother yelling at me."

Rolling my eyes, I got up. Sometimes, Draco acted like he was a little kid or something.

"No breakfast first?" I asked, pouting.

"As if you didn't eat enough last night," Draco said, walking off to lead me to where the Christmas tree was.

I followed him without thinking much or paying attention to where we were walking.

Sometimes, I wondered. Why do we celebrate this holiday that muggles do? Unless Jesus was a wizard or something. Not that I was complaining about yummy dinners and free presents.

Suddenly, Draco stopped walking. I bumped into him, having been off in my thoughts.

"Can you learn to not stop so suddenly-" I started, but was quickly cut off by Draco as he turned around and planted his lips on mine.

I stood there in complete shock, my eyes wide as Draco kissed me and pulled me closer to him by the waist.

He kissed me gently, his lips warm and soft. I shuddered at his touch. I closed my eyes, not wanting to believe I was enjoying this, but at the same time not wanting him to stop.

Just as I began to kiss back, he pulled away and smirked at me.

"Mistletoe," he said, pointing up at the decoration on the doorway as if it was the most obvious thing ever.

I felt my cheeks heating up in embarassment as I realized that he had only kissed me because of the misletoe, and not because he liked me.

Draco laughed at my blushing.