Chapter 63

Alice's POV :

I stared in shock at what had just happened.

Draco stood frozen, looking like he was going to be sick. He didn't need to turn around to know who was screaming.

"You... You leave my children alone!" Narcissa yelled shakily, still pointing her wand at Bellatrix. It took a few seconds before Narcissa finally realized what she did. She stumbled backwards a step and looked at her sister in horror.

"Cissa." Bellatrix whispered as she pushed herself up off the floor. She recovered surprsingly fast, like she was either used to pain or Narcissa did a shakey job on casting the spell. She looked into Narcissa's eyes with a sort of dark, twisted amusement, "You dare-"

Bellatrix suddenly stopped mid sentence and turned her head slowly towards the entrance to the cell. There were sounds coming from back up where we came from.

"We'll talk about this later," Bellatrix said before turning and going up the stairs, locking the door behind her, "Our lord wouldn't be pleased to hear about this."

Narcissa looked scared to death, while Draco still hadn't moved from his spot.

"Leave..." Narcissa whispered. She suddenly turned and ran towards us. She pulled on Draco and I urgently, "You need to leave before she comes back!"

I gave the locked door one look before resting my head on the wall again. Draco could probably break it with his wand and magic, but it wasn't like Bellatrix left to go somewhere far. She was right outside the door, past the stairs. I could hear her talking to someone aggressively.

"It's your house, you have to know some way out," I said to Draco and Narcissa, "A secret passage or something." Narcissa shook her head.

"The only secret passage in this room leads to the other cell," she said, "The one with the wandmaker and the other girl." There's another cell? There are other prisoners? Draco looked to me as if he was about to ask about them before he realized I was just as clueless as he was.

"How do you not know anything about the cell right next to yours?" He asked in exasperation.

"The same way you don't know anything about what's happening in your own house!" I said in annoyance, "And what, were you actually going to torture me when she ordered you to? Will you obey them at all costs?"

"We have no time to argue amongst ourselves right now!" Narcissa said, coming between us. Right as she said it, Bellatrix walked up to the cell door with a group of strange men, who shoved three people up to it. Lucius Malfoy followed shortly after.

"Draco, do you recognize these people? Can you name them?" Bellatrix asked with both impatience and a hint of excitement.

I stared in horror at the faces of Hermione, Ron, and Harry. They caught them! Harry's face was swollen and horribly disfigured, but anyone from Hogwarts would have been able to figure out that it was him.

I snuck a glance at Draco, mentally begging for him to think about what I said about obeying the death eaters and Voldemort. Please lie...

Draco looked extremely tense and unnatural as he opened his mouth to answer, "I don't know who they are, but that one is the ugliest thing I've ever seen." He nodded his head stiffly at Harry.

Bellatrix narrowed her eyes.

"Are you lying to me?" She said in a scarily carefree voice, "Well, if nobody here is interested in telling the truth, I'll just force it out of each of you." She grabbed Hermione by the hair and pulled her close. "You first, let's have a nice, honest, girl to girl talk."