Chapter 22

~A/N~ I've decided that this story is going to follow the basic storyline of the book with the main events, but I'll be tweaking a bit too :3 Although that probably was obvious when I stuck the ball in here. Thank you guys for the comments and support! ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awoke to Ginny bouncing on my bed, completely unaware of what happened last night. I didn't know she could sleep through my yelling...

"Alice! Let's go shopping!" Ginny squealed. I grumbled and threw my pillow over my head.

"Don't we have class today?" I said, not really in the mood to go anywhere.

"Since when do YOU want to go to CLASS?" Hermione snorted, "Besides, it's Saturday."

I grumbled again. Classes I could skip. But letting Ginny down would be like kicking a lost puppy. Not that I had problems with kicking puppies, no matter how sad they were.

"Alright, I'm up," I groaned before shoving myself out of bed. Looking in the mirror, I saw that my face was a mess. How the fuck did Ginny not realize that something was wrong with my face like this? Some friend she was.

Washing my face didn't do much to get rid of my puffy eyes, but my cheeks looked better without tear stains on them. I grabbed my make-up and fixed my eyes up. After fidling with my hair for half an hour, I finally emerged from the bathroom.

Ginny rolled her eyes as she noticed my smokey eyes.

"We're going shopping, not boy hooking," She snorted like Hermione.

"Same idea," I forced a smile on my face. Ginny laughed at this and grabbed my arm, pulling me out of the dorm to the cariages to Hogsmead.

I felt sort of awkward being right next to Mione, yet not talking or even looking at her. The unease grew when Ginny tried to force us to talk to each other, telling us to get over whatever we fought over.

When we got to the cariages, barely anybody was there. Probably because I woke up so late. We got into one and the weird horse things carried us off. I rolled my eyes while Ginny talked energetically the entire time.

~~~~~~~~~

"Alice, you sure this is the right place? It looks kind of expensive..." Ginny said softly. Hermione didn't say anything, but her face told me she too was worried about cost.

"No problem, I'll buy them for you guys!" I said cheerily. It would take quite a bit out of my bank balance... But I wasn't going to let my friends wear old, cheap dresses if I could help it.

Hermione looked at me skeptically. "You don't have to, I'll just buy something from a cheaper-" Ginny started, but I glared at her. If I said I'm going to pay, it means I'm going to pay whatever fucking price the dress costs, even if it completely drains my gringotts account. My mom called me stubborn. I call myself loyal. I felt a pang in my heart as I remembered the letter. Was what intercepted the letter the person who murdered my parents? Shaking the thought out of my head, I walked into the store with a fake smile planted on my face.

Ginny and Hermione gasped at the wide array of dresses. From pink to blue, poofy to slim, there were dreses of all kinds. Typical Hermione went for the pink dresses. Ginny explored the orange ones, but was disappointed when none of them looked right when she tried them on. I laughed. They were too matchy with her hair.

"Ginny, try this one," I laughed, throwing her a sort of gray-gold dress with black lace decorations. She smiled and tried it on, extremely happy that it looked good on her and also didn't cost too much. She sure didn't like taking "charity."