Chapter 24

~A/N~ : I've decided I'm going to try my best to upload more often! Quite frankly, I think it's depressing this story's been up for a year and I only have 24 chapters, even though Wattpad had been spazzy on uploading for me for half a year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alice, I'm sorry, I had to!" Harry pleaded as he chased after me.

"Oh, yeah, of COURSE you had to!" I half yelled as I stormed off.

"Alice! If I didn't, I would be giving up my dream to be an auror! I can't fail potions!" He begged.

"Yeah, since you would totally fail potions if you messed up on an assignment that the entire class failed on and was perfect on every other single one! HOW DO YOU GET GOOD GRADES ANYWAYS? THAT POTIONS BOOK OF YOURS! YOU CHEATER!" I started out talking, but ended screaming. Hermione, who had looked angry at Harry, now looked worried for his safety.

"Shh! Everyone's going to find out-" He began.

"IF YOU'RE SCARED PEOPLE ARE GOING TO FIND OUT, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT!" I screeched in fury. How dare he shove me over to get a perfect potions grade, then say those things! But man, what a hypocrite I was being, hiding my date to the ball from everyone...

"I'm sorry Alice! Can't you just drop it-"

"NO! I CAN'T FUCKING DROP IT! AVIS! APPICUS! OPPUGNO!" Birds and bees flew from my wand to Harry, burrying him with pecks and stings.

Hermione's eyes bulged in horror before she ran over to the mass of flying animals covering Harry and began casting spells.

"Stop this! You'll get us all expelled!" Ginny yelled at me, raising her arm to perform her oh-so-famous Bat Boogey Hex. She was really going to hex me? After all I've done for her? I felt a sting of beytrayal.

"PROTEGO PROTEGO PROTEGO!" I shrieked at the top of my lungs, waving my wand vigorously. Ginny screamed as the force of the spell sent her flying into the wall. She fell to the floor where she winced before getting up. Ron quickly went to her, making her stay down just in case. I felt a tiny pang of regret for flinging Ginny so hard.

Ron looked furious that I had just flung his sister across the room, but was too frightened to do anything. Neville simply cowered in a corner as if I were a monster.

"ANYONE ELSE WANT TO ATTACK ME? SHOVE ME OR HEX ME?" I growled, daring anyone to so much as move, "If not, I'll be leaving now."

I left the Gryffindor Common Rooms, slamming the door to my dorm close as I entered. Lysa tilted her head curiously to look at me, then immediately began to screech and flap her wings around, attempting to mirror my anger. That owl was getting on my nerves.

I almost wanted to just shove her into her cage for the night, but that would be too cruel for my family pet.

Sitting onto my bed, I sighed. Today was just terrible, from start to finish.

"What have I done..." I groaned. Only be a hypocrite, attack my friends, and scare everyone else off, I thought to myself sarcastically. Oh boy, what a fun combination of things to happen in one day.

Not knowing what to do before dinner, I stole some of Hermione's parchment and wrote a single sentence.

Thanks for the chocolates.

I rolled the parchment into a scroll and tied it up.

"Lysa," I whispered, grabbing the poor owl, and tying the parchment to her leg, "To Draco Malfoy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat awkwardly on the table, squished between Harry and Mione. They both ate silently, not once looking up from their food. I sighed and grabbed another slice of bread. Man, I felt irritated. And for once in my life at Hogwarts, I felt lonely.