Chapter 52

~A/N :

Disclaimer : I do not own Harry Potter or any of the characters, places, etc. in it. This is purely a fan made story revolving around and containing these things. I have no bad intentions >.>

Wattpad, will you let me post this chapter as Public instead of Private now? There's loads of FanFiction on this website and I have loads of chapters, yet this is the first one where I've had this problem >.>

Anyways... Sorry this chapter took so long! Between struggling with the website, being sick, and freaking out about choir auditions, it's been hard!

~~~~~~

I screamed as I fell. I desperately tried to grab onto something, but my hands only met air.

The top of the tower quickly grew further. My hair whipped around in the wind, blocking my vision as I fell.

"Accio Dream!" I said quickly, calling for my broom. It wouldn't make it in time. There was no way. It probably wasn't even coming. It was locked up way over in the Gryffindor Common Rooms, and I was falling too fast. I closed my eyes and prepared for the end.

Suddenly, a strange feeling surrounded me. I snapped open my eyes to see that I was slowing down as I fell. I instantly thought of a spell we learned in charms class. Aresto Momentum?

I let out a shakey sigh of relief as I slowly descended to the ground. I felt lightheaded from the fear and surge of emotions from before. My nerves were shot, but at least I knew I wasn't going to die.

But... I didn't see who shot the spell at me. I didn't know if Draco had planned to use this as a way for me to escape, or if he really meant what he had said and Dumbledore had simply lifted his hand and stopped me from falling to my death -- just like he had done to Harry in that Quidditch match with the Dementors.

I hit the ground lightly on my back.

I didn't know who saved me. If I didn't know, I couldn't stay. If Draco had really meant for me to die, he could come back at any moment and catch me off guard or trick me again. I felt sick to the stomach. I looked up at the top of the tower. Dumbledore would be okay, right? He told me to fix the cabinet. He had to have a plan. He was Dumbledore. He always had a plan.

I stumbled to my feet and looked around for a place to hide. There still was nowhere I could get to fast enough. Instead, I quickly laid back down on the ground where I had fallen and blocked my face with my hair. I pretended to have fallen and died. I peaked through my hair and looked up at the top of the tower.

For a minute, there was nothing. Then suddenly, there was a flash of green. I held my breath and watched as a figure fell from the Astronomy Tower.

Dumbledore.

I watched in horror through my hair as his limp body fell. He couldn't be dead. He couldn't!

Someone leaned over the side of the Astronomy Tower. They flicked their wand, sending a stream of fire. The flames spread wide as they chased after Dumbledore's body and blocked my vision of the top of the tower. I finally realized that both the flames and Dumbledore's lifeless body were heading straight towards me and would hit me if I didn't move.

They now spread so wide, they seemed to cover the entire sky. If the flames blocked my vision of everything, it also meant it blocked their vision of me, right? Especially since it was their wand that it was spewing out of infront of them?

I rolled over, flinching as Dumbledore's body hit the floor with a thud and a sickening crack. There was little time to mourn though. The flames rained down on me, burning at my clothes and skin. I fought back my screams as I clawed blindly in the fire.