Chapter 62

~A/N : DeepanshiKotnala... It's in Draco's POV... But maybe not quite what was asked for? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Draco's POV :

"What do you mean, Alice ran away?" I asked with more aggression in my voice than I had expected. Zabini held his hands up and took a step back.

"Woah, chill, why are you so mad at me? I'm not the one who did anything," Zabini said.

He was right, but I didn't want to admit that I was wrong to get mad. Snape didn't give me a choice, but I still had been the one who hurt Alice. I almost lost my composure for a second, but pulled myself together quickly. Only a few people had seen me get weak, and I planned on leaving it at that many.

"What are you trying to say, that it's my fault?" I snapped back, replacing my regret with anger. Parkinson gave me a look. The look on Alice's face when I told her to give the ring back flashed back into my mind.

"That's exactly what we're trying to say, and you know that it's true, so you have to go bring her back," Parkinson said firmly before looking away and muttering, "It's not that I like her, she's just more fun as a competetor than Astoria."

She muttered something else even softer after that, but I didn't bother trying to listen to her incoherent sounds.

"I just told you two minutes ago that I don't actually like Astoria," I said with real annoyance this time. Did they not listen to my explanation of the situation? "It's also quite hard to bring Alice back when nobody knows where she is."

Parkinson made an ugly face, unable to find a way to solve the problem. I couldn't do anything to help Alice if I couldn't contact her. I let out a long sigh and sat down. What was I going to do with that girl.

"I'm sure Alice will manage fine alone, it's not like she's a pathetic muggle. She's skilled enough to keep herself safe. She has something of her mother's that'll supposedly keep her safe anyways," I mentioned her sketchy necklace. I personally didn't put much trust in that thing, but if she made it fix the Vanishing Cabinet, she at least had control over its power to some extent.

She would be okay physically. I didn't know about mentally though. I hurt her.

Parkinson leaned close to me with a sudden interest in what I had said. I pushed her away from me swiftly, making sure to let her know how much I was not okay with how close she got.

"What does she have? Is it something special or valuable that other people might want? Something people would want to steal?" Parkinson asked with a certain nervousness, "Is it really important that she has it? She'll be okay without it right?"

Parkinson's bombard of questions got on my nerves, but the way she reacted to what I said was concerning. There was no reason for her to be so nervous, unless she knew something about it.

My head snapped towards her and I stared intently into her eyes. I leaned towards her and spoke with intensity.

"What did you do, Pansy? You know about Alice's necklace?" I asked with my eyes piercing into hers. She looked away nervously as opposed to melting and squealing about the closeness of our bodies like she would have in the past.

"Does it look like a direction pointer?" Parkinson squeaked out.

I stared at her, unmoving.

"I may or may not have been told to bring it to Snape for a passing grade in Muggle Studies."

~~~~~~~~~~

"How do you even fail Muggle Studies? Bashing on people seems like a skill you have no problems with," I said skeptically -- not that I should expect much after she called a compass a direction pointer.