Chapter 43

I sat in the common rooms, unsure where to go. I couldn't go to my dorm, that was for sure. Hermione was probably sitting there studying or something, and being in the same room as her after seeing how she reacted would most likely end in complete chaos and screaming.

"Hey Alice!" Ron pipped up as he walked into the common rooms, "What you did to Parkinson... Wow! That was hilarious!" I laughed as I remembered Pansy's burnt up remains of her hair. She deserved that, that annoying pugface. I could just imagine her in the Slytherin common rooms, fretting about her hair. It didn't really make a difference whether she had her hair or not, she was still just as ugly.

"Ron, can you help me with something?" I asked him as an idea popped into my mind. 

"Sure, Alice. What?" He asked, shrugging.

"I need to find where Meriwether Pearse lives so I can go there this weekend," I said innocently. He looked at me, confused.

"But how am I supposed to find some girl I've never heard of in two days?" Ron said, looking at me in confusion. I gave Ron a disappointed, sad look while shifting my legs so that some thigh peaked out from my skirt under my robes. I adjusted my position, shoving my chest up so that Ron noticed my breasts as well. I blinked, my eyelashes fluttering as I played with my hair and gave Ron the sexiest face I could muster without bursting into laughter.

Ron's face flushed bright red as he stared at me, unable to look away.

"I- I'll find Meriwether Pearse," He stammered, forcing himself to turn and walk off with somewhat of a robotic motion. The second he went out the portrait hole, I burst into laughter. His face! It was absolutely hilarious!

I got off the couch, not caring that my skirt was still pretty high up my leg. I smiled to myself as I held out my hand to get ready to use wandless magic to get my broom. Instead, my hand was met my Hermione's face as I backhand slapped her on accident.

"I can't believe you!" She said to me, her face flushed with anger, "First you go messing around with Malfoy, then you start seducing Ron, and now you slap me in the face?!"

"I wasn't doing either of those!" I said in defiance. I was not messing around with Draco and Ron the way she was suggesting it! And hitting her in the face was a complete accident!

"I'm not stupid, Alice!" Hermione shrieked, my previous statement angering her further, "You didn't even trust me enough to tell me about Malfoy! No, you even lied to me about him too, didn't you?"

"Mione-" I started, but was cut off as Hermione began again.

"Don't call me that! We're obviously not friends! You know I love Ron! You've known ever since we met! You knew, and you still went along and had no problem going ahead and trying to seduce him! A friend would have trusted me with secrets! A friend wouldn't have moved onto the guy that she knows I've loved for so long! A friend wouldn't have slapped me in the face and denied the truth when I figured it out!" She ranted, starting to cry as she yelled at me.

"Hermione-" I started again, reaching my hand out tenderly to touch her arm. She flinched away and glared at me.

"I would have been okay with it. I would have been okay with you liking Malfoy if you told me. I was thinking about it and I was okay with it even though you didn't tell me. People can't choose who they fall for, and Malfoy is just the type of person to trick you into falling for him for his advantage. I was okay with it, but this is too much," She whispered sadly to me, thinking about Ron. She turned and ran to the portrait hole before stopping.

"You really belong in Slytherin, Alice. The sorting hat was wrong to stop that day and change its mind," she whispered, not bothering to turn to look at me as she spoke before she walked out the portrait hole.