Chapter 47

~A/N : So, as Alice is currently under the effects of Amortentia, her view of situations is very, very twisted. Just a little reminder so it isn't too confusing when she thinks that the reason behind everyone's actions is related to Harry (and it obviously isn't) with her skewed view of things.

Warning : This chapter might be a bit... Unpleasant?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Draco Malfoy stared at me, his face in an expression mixed between disbelief and complete shock. We stood there for a while, frozen, before he suddenly burst into laughter.

"What a joke!" Draco laughed, "You're good at acting, Alice. If you weren't so melodramatic, I might have believed you."

I looked at him, confused. Acting?

I turned my head to see Ron walking towards the Great Hall, looking terrified of whatever was in it. He was probably scared of Lavender, but I couldn't keep my mind on anything other than Harry.

"Ron!" I called, making his head turn towards me, "Have you seen Harry? I have to confess to him that I love him!" My happiness and good mood was slowly disappearing with each second I was away from Harry. It was as if the light was draining out of my life.

"He's in the Common Rooms writing a letter," Ron said nonchalantly, walking into the Great Hall.

I turned and ran off towards the Common Rooms.

"Wait, what did you just say you have to do?" I heard Ron yell from the distance, as what I said finally hit him. I couldn't be bothered to repeat myself to him when my only source of light was waiting for me.

I turned the corner, my legs moving faster as despair began to fill me. I couldn't run fast enough, get to Harry fast enough, and be near him fast enough!

I was almost at the Portrait Hole when a hand grabbed my shoulder and slammed me into the wall. Pain shot through my arm, but it was nothing compared to the emptiness that was consuming me.

"Alice," Draco growled, "Stop this right now. This joke isn't funny."

I squirmed, trying to get free so that I could get to Harry.

"Alice." Draco hissed louder this time, his grip on my shoulder tightening, "Stop this act. NOW." He let go quickly when I winced in pain, regret flashing through his eyes. He better regret delaying my reunion with Harry!

"I'm not acting!" I said firmly, "I can't live without Harry!"

"ALICE!" Draco yelled in fury, punching the wall next to me. His grey eyes were dark and his expression was filled with pain. I flinched away from his fist.

He was keeping me from happiness! He was keeping me from getting to Harry! Draco Malfoy was my enemy! He wanted me to sink into despair! Draco was a monster! How dare he try to get in the way of my love!

I pulled my wand out to defend my love for Harry. Nothing would get in the way!

"Nothing can come between Harry and I!" I yelled, my wand at Draco's neck.

Draco looked broken as I pointed my wand at him, and didn't bother to move or try to defend himself. Maybe he finally realized the weight of his crimes and was waiting to take the punishment! I'll show him what happens when someone tries to seperate me from Harry!

Just as I opened my mouth to cast a spell, Harry came sprinting out from the Portrait Hole, his wand out and ready. Just seeing him made me feel overjoyed.

"Alice?" Harry said when he saw me, then turned to glare at Draco, waving his wand as a threat, "You let go of her, Malfoy!"

I was just staring at Harry, euphoria filling me. He was defending me!

Draco glanced at Harry before turning and walking off silently, looking dejected. The justice of my love for Harry will always prevail! Harry, however, looked extremely confused at Draco's silent retreat.

"Thank you for saving me," I said happily to Harry, lost in dreamland. My knight in shining armor had come for me!

"No problem," Harry said, "That's what friends are for : Helping each other."

"Did you come to rescue me when you felt our bond being torn by a vicious evil force?" I said, lost in Harry's green eyes. He looked rather bewildered at my comment.

"Alice, are you okay?" He asked, looking at me with concern, "Did he hit your head?"

"No! He tried to rip apart my soul and take me away from you!" I cried in horror. Harry just stood there, staring at me, silent. He opened his mouth for a few seconds, as if he were about to say something, then closed it as he furrowed his eyebrows.

After standing there thinking for a while, Harry finally made up his mind about what to say.

"Alice, go to the Common Rooms and stay there," Harry said slowly, "I'll be right back. Stay there, okay?"

I looked at him in confusion. He was going to leave me? Sadness was beginning to fill me again.

"Wait for me in the Common Rooms, okay, Alice?" Harry said slowly again, as if I were mentally unstable. I nodded sadly. If he wanted me to stay at the Common Rooms, I'll stay if it makes him happy.

Harry stared at me for a bit longer, looking unsure before waving goodbye and running off. I watched him disappear around the corner before reluctantly turning and going into the portrait hole.

I sat down on the couch, tapping my foot impatiently. Every second felt like hours. I looked around the Common Rooms, feeling extremely agitated. My eyes wandered from the entrance to the dorms to the walls to the table in front of the couch.

An unfinished letter was lying on the table. A calligraphy pen was next to it.

I leaned over, reaching for the parchment.

The handwriting looked familiar. Harry's?

It was a love letter to Ginny. I read through the unfinished letter, feeling jealousy spread through me. Ginny was stealing my light from me! For some reason, however, I didn't feel as much fury as I had expected.

My longing for Harry was fading away as well. A feeling of dread was starting to get into me, but this time, it wasn't because I was away from Harry. I was starting to feel as if I had done something horrible.

What did I do?

My mind started wandering from Harry.

I knew I did something terrible. I know I did. But what was it?

I racked my brain for memories of what happened today. Harry's face jumped out a lot, but it didn't seem nearly as radiant as before. There was a fuzzy memory of something else though.

I squinted, concentrating hard on that fuzzy memory.

Draco.

Everything came flashing back. I gasped as I remembered the pained expression on Draco's face.

"Draco!" I yelled as I leapt up off the couch and ran towards the portrait hole. I had to find him and explain! I had to! The portrait hole barely swung open in time for me to run through. As I made my way out, I ran into Harry, who looked at me in shock before turning and chasing after me.