Chapter 60

~A/N : There's a joke in here that doesn't work because the thing it refers to didn't happen yet in the time frame of the story... Pfft....

Nobody guessed what died, so I guess you have to read the chapter after this :P

~~~~~~~

"Shouldn't you do your homework?" I asked Pansy. She was casually laying on her bed snuggling with her pillow.

"No, I did my extra credit. I don't have to worry about that class for the rest of the year now," She said before rolling over to lay on her other side.

"What kind of extra credit makes you good for an entire year?" I asked, skeptical. Daphne looked up from her work curiosly. Did Snape ask Pansy to do shadey stuff in exchange for a grade? Pansy visibly tensed up for a moment before attempting to act relaxed again.

"It was just a small favor. I don't know why he was willing to give me so much for just one little thing either," Pansy said, also confused. I sighed. So Snape left her completely clueless about why she had to do whatever she did. Daphne on the other hand, was struggling with her homework still.

"I don't know what to write... Presidents of the United States? Why do we even need to study things that specific?" Daphne groaned, "Who's this 'Bill Clinton' anyways?"

"All I know is that he's some shady guy who hides between the bushes," Pansy said, "Sounds like a stalker."

"Wrong kind of Bush," I commented. Pansy looked at me in confusion. I shook my head and just gave up.

I fiddled around with my quill, not really doing any work. I just stared off into space. Pansy seemed really focused on whatever she was thinking about.

"So... Snape is your father?" Daphne asked, breaking the silence.

"I don't know what sort of bullshit trick he's trying to pull, but it's not going to work," I snorted.

I went back to fiddling with my quill, thinking.

"Why are we the only ones ever in this room except for when it's time to sleep?" I asked curiously, thinking about how I never really saw or talked to any of the other Slytherin girls.

"Maybe it's because the author is too lazy to do research," Daphne suggested. What? I gave her a weird look. Pansy didn't even react. Was this normal for her?

Instead of commenting, Pansy sat up on her bed and leaned in towards me and swiftly changed the topic.

"So how about we come up with a plan to separate Astoria and Draco now? I'm willing to work together with you until we separate them, then it's back to every woman for herself," Pansy whispered, trying way too hard to sound cool. Daphne looked uncomfortable.

"There's nothing going on between them," I said, faking boredom. It was tempting to go plot with Pansy, but I didn't want to admit to myself that there might be a need to do so.

"It's dinner time in like a minute, it's the perfect opportunity to set up a trap while she's bus-" Pansy started saying. It took me a moment to realize what she was saying.

"Dinner in a minute?!" I yelled, standing up suddenly and slamming my quill down.

"Yeah, we should go into her room and find emba-" Pansy tried to continue. I ignored her and walked straight out the door towards the Great Hall.

I wasn't quite sure if it was because of my love for food anymore, or if I just wanted to escape from accepting that I was losing Draco.

"Hey, wait for me!" Pansy yelled, running after me, "I arranged some- Wait!"