Chapter 64

A/N : It's been... It's been a really long time >___<

I'm finally done with my SATs (but now I get to "enjoy" looking at colleges and preparing) with a 2310. I'm so, so sorry for not updating for so long, and for freezing Alice and Draco's lives for nearly a year. Well, now I'm back >___<

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We're safe... we're safe!" Harry announced after a bit of hesitation.

The sight that greeted me when I opened my eyes was a pleasant scene of delicate, white sand and waves softly kissing the shore. It was a sharp contrast from the chaos and yelling just moments ago.

Dobby stood a bit further out from us, and was looking behind me with his head tilted curiously.

I turned around to see what he was looking at. Draco stood behind me with a look of pain on his face. He sank to the ground on his hands and knees. The hilt of Bellatrix's dagger and some of the blade protruded from his back.

"Draco!" I gasped and rushed to kneel on the ground next to him. The wands that he had collected from us were scattered across the sand beneath him.

"I'm okay," he said while trying to flash me a smile.

"You're okay. That's okay?" I asked skeptically. He didn't try to answer anymore and just stayed like that on the ground. I felt panic begin to rise in me but tried to stay calm. We needed to get him to someone who could help him. None of us would be able to heal him, that was for sure.

"We need to- to take him to some sort of hospi-" I started but was interrupted by Ron grabbing me by the shoulders and turning me around.

"Bloody hell Alice!" Ron yelled, "This is Malfoy we're talking about, how do you know he's not going to lead him to us?"

"Lead him to us? Were you not there when he lied about not recognizing us? When he was stalling for Dobby?" I shoved his hands off me and stood up to be closer to his height.

"Guys..." Hermione said in the background. Dobby stood there, not knowing how to respond.

"Yeah sure, it seems he'll go plenty far to help his parents and you , but we all know he doesn't give a rat's ass about the rest of us," Ron said impatiently, "And why do you think he followed us here? To give us a hand? How are you alive anyways, didn't you fall off the Astronomy Tower?"

"Guys!" Hermione said, louder this time, "He's injured, stop arguing. We can't let him die just because we don't like him."

"I don't think he'll do anything. I saw him that day -- when we had the duel in the bathroom," Harry butted in, "I don't think he wanted to follow them."

"That's horseshit! They have his family, what if he turns us in to help them?" Ron argued. Hermione looked unsure for a moment. I glanced down at Draco. He opened his mouth to say something, then looked shocked when he was unable to get the words out. He was now lying in the sand on his side. There was some blood on the sand, but the dagger seemed to be keeping it from flowing freely.

"Guys please stop, I don't know what to do," I said desperately. I didn't know where to take him. We couldn't exactly just waltz into St. Mungo's and declare that Harry Potter and his friends have brought Draco Malfoy when Voldemort had eyes everywhere.

"Doctors should be able to heal him, it'll take longer than though," Hermione said, understanding what I meant.

"Muggle doctors? They can do it?" I asked. I was surprised, as I didn't know much about muggle healing except that it wasn't as effective. It seemed I had underestimated their technology."Dobby, go tell Luna what happened. Are Bill and Fleur home?"