Luke

-Luke- 

I walked into the school building ready to ask Addi if she wanted to go to the party with me. That was until I saw her sitting with someone else. It was just Grace Parker, but for some reason I didn't have the courage anymore. Maybe I could get the nerve to ask her during math. When Candy's not around that is. 

The boys and I eat at our regular lunch spot. Cal and Michael are arguing about some video game when Ash turns to me. 

"So did you ask that girl out yet?" 

"No, but I will after math." I replied. 

"Cool, who is she again?" Ash asked. I looked around the quad trying to see if I could spot her. I found her sitting at a table with the girl she was talking to during first hour. 

"The one with the auburn hair wearing the blink 182 tee." I pointed out. Huh, she's got good taste in music. Ashton's eyes followed my finger and he nodded. 

"She's cute." 

"She's beauitful." I corrected. And she really was. The sun shine made her hair glow making it look more red. She was smiling at something and laughing. I wonder what's so funny. I wonder what she's thinking right now. Her eyes scan mine and she softly smiles at me. I smile back awkwardly and wave. She giggles, waving back. Our encounter didn't last long because before I knew it the bell went off signaling the end of lunch. Calum pulled me up and dragged me to math. Thankfully I'll get to see Addi again.

We took our seats along with the other students. Addi was just walking in the door when Candy butts in front of her. I roll my eyes. Candy is so annoying. She comes prancing over and takes her seat next to Calum. 

"Hey Lukey!" She chimes. 

"Hey Candy." I awkwardly mumble not really wanting to talk to her. 

"I'm so excited to see you play at Megan's party tomorrow!" She squealed. I nodded. Addi took the seat next to me and I smiled at her.

"Hey Addi!" I cheered. 

"Oh hey." She spoke quietly. 

"What's up?" 

"Not much, I" 

"Yeah, that's great. So Luke I'll make sure to be standing at the front of the stage so I can see you up close."  Candy cut Addi off. Wow that was rude. Addi just rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. I was getting really tired of Candy. I was so happy that the teacher started talking before I had to reply. 

After math Candy made me walk her to class. And of corse I made Addi join us. The walk consisted of Candy going on and on about what she would be wearing to Megan's party. But I wasn't listening and I know Addi wasn't either. Finally we dropped Candy off and I said a quick goodbye. I turned to Addi before she could run off like she did yesterday. 

"Hey Addi?" I turned to her.

"Yes?" 

"So there's this party tomorrow night. And my band's playing a small gig there." I began. "Uh, I was wondering if maybe, well I was wondering if you were going..." I scratched the back of my neck nervously. Wow I'm really bad at this. "Would you like to go with me?" I finally got the question out. She looked at me shyly. 

"Uh I'm not sure I was even invited" she started. 

"That's okay, you can just get in with me." 

"Uh okay. Yeah, I'd love to go to the party with you." She smiled. Yes! She said yes! I smiled wide. 

"Awesome! I'll pick you up at eight! Can I get your phone number?" I handed her my phone and she put in her number. 

"Here. I'm looking forward to it." She smiled.

"Thanks! me too!"

"Well I'll see ya tomorrow."  

"Yea. I'll text you." And with that she left. I didn't want to stop talking to her but I was so happy she said yes. I know I've only known her for two days but there's just something about Addi. I can feel it. And tomorrow I'll get to see her agian. I better go find the boys and let them know the good news.