Luke

-Luke-
When I saw Addi cry, a piece of me broke inside. A girl as beautiful as that shouldn't be crying. She looked so fragile and broken, I just wanted to hold her in my arms and make her happy again. When Addi told me that she was crying over Candy, this pissed me off. Candy was a bitch and really needs to mind her own damn business. I'll have to talk to her later. But right now I was softly grasping Addi's small fingers and leading her towards my car. I knew the perfect place to take her.

"Where are we going?" Addi's quiet voice spoke up when we were in my car.

"It's a surpirse." I turned to her and winked. 

"Oh." She mumbled. I could tell she wanted to talk about something. 

"Penny for your thoughts?" 

"Oh, I was just trying to think of wher you're taking me. So far I have no idea." 

"Don't worry you'll find out soon enough. Is there anything else you want to talk about? Like about what happened with Candy? We don't have to if you don't want to though." I wanted her to open up to me but I don't want her to feel uncomfortable. 

"Candy was just picking on me, it's not really anything new. A lot of people pick on me." Addi shrugged like it was no big deal, breaking my heart a little more. How could anyone pick on her? What would they even pick on her for? She's better than all the popular girls at my school combined. 

"Oh, I'm sorry." I mumbled not really knowing what to say. 

"It's okay. It's not your fault." We stayed silent for the rest of the drive, which was only five minutes. I drove up to the side of Ashton's house and parked my car by the woods. Ashton lives with some woods in his backyard, so a lot of times the boys and I would play back there. I know Ashton's mom wouldn't mind if I took Addi back there. 

"Is this your house?" Addi piped up as we got out of the car.

"No, it's Ashton's but I practically grew up in those woods with Ashton, Cal and Michael." I smiled. 

"You spent all that time in the woods? What are you a pack of wolves?" I giggled at her question. This girl was adorable. 

"More like a gang of crime fighting turtles. And it gets better, just walk with me." I held out my hand for her and she nodded grabbing it. I led her through the woods to the place where we really spent all are time. A little ways into the woods, we got to a big old oak tree supporting one of the coolest tree houses four seven year olds could put together. Well with the help of their parents. 

"Oh wow. That's so cool." Addi awed. I nodded in agreement.

"Yep, the lads and I build it when we were like seven and spent all our summers there." 

"So are we going to go up?" I smiked at her before saying, "Race you there!" We ran over to the tree and with me being the giant freak I am, I obviusly beat her, but it was cute watching her run with me. 

"No fair, you've got long legs." She pouted. 

"And you've got a cute smile." I completmented her. Her cheeks heated up as she blushed, cauing her to be even more cute. She mumbled a "Thanks." I just gestered for her to head up to the tree. "Ladies first." She started climbing and I came up close behind her. Ashton must have been up here recently, because somethings have changed in here. Instead of old camping chairs set up, there were nice bean bag chairs, and a bed mattress in the corner with sheets and a comforter. There was even a small pile of clothes in the other corner across the matress. 

"Uh, I guess Ashton's been using it lately." I laughed awkwardly. "It's alot different than I remember having things set up, I'm sorry if I knew, I wouldn't have taken you here."

"Oh, it's okay, I don't mind. I still think it's really cool." Addi smiled wide. 

"Okay, well how about some music then?" I suggested pulling out my phone. She nodded, "Oh yes please. So I put my music on shuffle and Mr. Brightside by The Killers came on. Addi lit up in excitement like a child being given a cookie. 

"I love this song!" She squeled. I laughed, sitting down on one of the been bag chairs. 

"No! No! Come dance with me!" Addi pulled me onto my feet. 

"Okay okay." we both began dancing along to the music. She was head banging badly and was jumping up and down. I can't dance, and I don't think she can either, but I tried the best I could. And then the first verse came up.

"COMING OUTTA MY CAGE AND I'VE BEEN DOING JUST FINE!!!" We both screamed the lyrics at the top of our lungs, not giving a damn at who heard us. "GOTTA GOTTA BE DOWN CAUSE I WANT IT ALL!"  We were basically bouncing off the walls with energy. "IT STARTED OUT WITH A KISS, HOW DID IT END UP LIKE THIS, IT WAS ONLY A KISS IT WAS ONLY A KISS." Addi started blowing air kisses while she sang, while I was fist pumping and bouncing up and down. We continued to scream the words to the song for the chorus and the second verse unitl it came to the guitar solo.

"WATCH THIS!" Addi screamed. She broke out into full on air guitar mode pretending to play guitar. She rocked her head up and down and sunk down to her knees. I was dying, it was the funniest and cutest thing I've ever seen. She continued air guitaring until the song ended and I started clapping, still laughing like a complete moron. 

"Yes!! Amazing!" I cheered. She took a bow and laughed along.

"Sorry I get really hyped up on The Killers, they're my favorite band." She smiled. I sat down and layed down on the matress. "They're pretty good." I chuckled at all her excitement.

"They're better than pretty good, they're fantastic! Just lovely." She crawled up next to me and I pulled her into my arms.

"Let's just lay here for awhile." I mumbled into her hair. She yawned and nodded. "Sounds good." Our breathing slowed down and matched up. And before we knew it we were drifting off to sleep. 

{Please let me know what you think of the story so far thanks :)}