.162 Candles (Part 3).

.Chapter 15.

.162 Candles (Part 3).

〖→∷✟∞▿¯¯▿∞✟∷←〗

Brooklyn was sat opposite her sister a large grin on her face as she tried to cheer her up, though her smile dropped when she saw Lexi being dragged away by two officers who happened to be members of the council.

"What is it?" Bonnie asked her smile turning into a small frown when she saw her sisters worried expression.

"I'll explain later." Brooklyn rushed out jumping to her feet and pushing past the people of the grill until she reached the doors, getting stopped by two officers guarding the exits, "Get out of my way." She glared hands forming fists.

"She's with me." Liz announced from the other side of the door letting Brooklyn out of the Grill and leading her to where they had Lexi restrained, "Are you sure you're ready for this?" The sheriff asked making the witch nod.

"Yeah let's rid this town of it's nuisance." Brooklyn replied smiling reassuringly at Liz glancing over at Lexi when she frowned.

Before the officers could get Lexi into the car she regained enough strength to overpower them. Liz pulled out her gun and shot Lexi, the bullets doing little to delay her advances.

Brooklyn let out a sharp breath when a bad feeling shot through her chest causing her to act on instinct and push Liz away from Lexi's defensive attack.

Brooklyn quickly grabbed Lex's shoulders and pushed her back hands glowing with magic as she shielded the vampire from sight.

"Shh." Brooklyn hushed raising a finger to her lips and making eye contact with her, the witches eyes glowing purple as she did so, "I know you probably don't, but you need to trust me." She spoke quickly looking over at Liz who was sitting up hand holding her head from the fall.

When Lexi gave a hesitant nod Brooklyn masked her magic keeping its hue hidden from her hands and eyes, before rushing over to Liz and helping her stand.

"I'm sorry I saw her coming and I- I just reacted." Brooklyn stammered looking towards the illusion of Lexi she created.

Lexi watched with furrowed brows as the sheriff aimed her gun away from her, when she turned her eyes widen seeing herself all vamped out growling at the two of them.

"Don't worry you did good." Liz assured shooting at the empty space, she and everyone else however saw the bullet she shot encase itself in the vampires stomach.

Brooklyn moved closer to Lexi, who could see her magics natural glow unlike the others, her left hand behind her back distorting reality for everyone present.

Out of nowhere Damon appeared and staked Lexi, illusion Lexi, causing Brooklyn to frown and create the illusion of desiccation before her body dropped to the ground.

Brooklyn looked at Lexi who turned away from the scene to face her with gratitude gleaming in her eyes. The witch nodded slightly giving a small wave of her hand to heal the wounds on her stomach and chest pushing the wooden bullets out causing them to turn to dust.

"You guys okay?" Damon's voice brought Brooklyn back to the situation at hand, a bead of sweat rolling down the side of her head at the use of her magic for the long duration, she hadn't used her magic like this before it was taking its toll on her.