.The Return (Part 3).

.Chapter 47.

.The Return (Part 3).

〖→∷✟∞▿¯¯▿∞✟∷←〗

"The Lockwoods have a lot more land than they used to, you know." Katherine informed the witch beside her as they walked to a less crowded part of the estate, "The possessions from all the tomb vampires built them quite a fortune." She finished with a clear dislike for the founders of the town.

"I literally couldn't care less." Brooklyn muttered once again attempting to tap into her magic and stabilise it enough to get in her head, "Besides isn't it your fault they all died, weren't they like your lackeys or something?" She asked hoping that asking the right questions will bring the memories to the front of the vampires mind and therefore be easier to grasp.

"There's nothing more annoying than a vengeful vampire. Just ask John Gilbert." Katherine shrugged in response her mind not giving anything away.

"So you didn't mean to kill him. You just wanted to scare him enough to get him off your case." Brooklyn pieced together coming to a halt, Katherine doing the same beside her. She squeezed her eyes shut as a wave of pain blew through her head causing her to stop trying to harness her magic, it seemed that only made it worse.

"You definitely are smarter, stronger too." Katherine observed with a smirk, seeing how hard she was fighting against the war of her magic, "It's sexy." She added seductively.

"Don't. Seriously. Just don't." Brooklyn shook her head scrunching her nose up at the flirtatious vampire, it was weird to her, seeing Elena's double acting the opposite to how the girl usually would, "The girl you knew is dead. Enough with the flirty remarks, they're not working." She finished firmly.

"They use to." Katherine shrugged, taking a small step closer to the witch who stood her ground, something the vampire enjoyed, "You can deny it all you want but I know the truth and deep, deep down, so do you." She uttered out her words in an almost hypnotising way as if she was trying to convince the witch what she was saying was right, "Because no matter how much you try to push it away you know that something about us feels familiar." She continued, stepping closer once more, "It feels right." She finished lifting a hand and pressing hit gently above the witches heart, and above her jacket pocket.

Katherine smiled slightly thinking her words had gotten through to the witch when she made no move to retort, though her face fell in surprise when Brooklyn's narrowed eyes spark violet finally managing to maintain a steady flow of magic.

Stefan who had just arrived a distance away to watch over her stumbled slightly in shock at the pure look of anger on his friends face. In all honesty it scared him.

Snapping a heavily glowing hand up to grip Katherines wrist said vampire grit her teeth in pain from the infliction, "Whatever shady business you're doing here, better end now," she began lowly her tone dark and threatening as she glared at the vampire, "because I've had it up to here," she gestured above her head, using the hand around the older beings wrist to twist it uncomfortably, "with people telling me what I know and what I should remember. So get what you're here for and disappear." She finished in a harsh whisper her teeth grit in both anger and pain from the sudden spur of control which was quickly slipping.

Throwing the vampires hand away from her, Brooklyn breathed slightly heavily, her hand raising to her head in a useless attempt to relieve the relentless pounding.