.Bad Moon Rising (Part 2).

A/N- Guess who got hit by a car 🤦‍♀️... Me. But I'm now out of the hospital with a broken arm and leg on the couch of recovery. So what better way to celebrate that with an extra long and extra late, but very much awaited, update.
Sorry it took so long guys.
Xoxo- Alice

〖→∷✟∞▿¯¯▿∞✟∷←〗

.Chapter 53.

.Bad Moon Rising (Part 2).

〖→∷✟∞▿¯¯▿∞✟∷←〗

"So Isobel was officially employed by the anthropology department given that most paranormal phenomenon is rooted in folklore." Alaric explained to the three following behind him as they walked through Duke, making their way towards Isobel's office.

"Cool." Brooklyn commented, "Shame shes such an insufferable bitch now, we could have been friends." She added before glancing over at Rick with a small wince, "No offence, I'm sure she was a great gal before... ya know." She pursued her lips awkwardly, choosing to stop there knowing this wasn't helping, though the history teacher merely sent her a smile never having actually seen her act so... awkward.

"Excuse me, hi. I'm Alaric Saltzman, I called earlier." He introduce to the woman sitting at the desk near Isobel's office.

"Yes, of course. I'm Vanessa Monroe, research assistant, comparative folklore." She returned with a polite smile, casting Brooklyn and Elena a weary glance which didn't go unnoticed by the witch, "Uh, let me just grab Isobel's keys." She announced standing from her seat.

"These are my friends Elena, Brooklyn and Damon." Alaric introduced the others, gesturing to them as he did so, "I hope this isn't too much of an imposition." He added.

"Oh please, Isobel's office is right through there. Isobel was one of my first professors. I'm a grad student. She was brilliant, and one of the reasons I went into folklore." Vanessa rambled as she retrieved the key and began to unlock the office door, "Uh, I have to ask - has there been any news?" She asked with slight hesitation, looking over at Alaric with a sympathetic smile, the sight enough to make the witch hold back an eye role, if this woman knew Isobel now she wouldn't think she was so brilliant.

"No, I'm afraid not." Ric denied with a solemn shake of his head.

"It's this way." Vanessa uttered opening the office door and leading the four of them in, "I'll grab the light, feel free to look around. It's fascinating isn't it?" She continued causing the Bennett to cast her a suspicious glance as she left the room.

Brooklyns brows furrowed as her magic began to break the surface of her hands, the violet glow warning her of something. Looking from her hands back to where the woman had left she narrowed her eyes, the brown pools swirling with a spark of violet.

"Where'd she go?" Damon asked with furrowed brows looking around the room before his electric eyes land on Brooklyn.

Seeing Vanessa re-enter the room with a crossbow Brooklyns eyes snapped to one solid colour, no longer cautiously dancing between the two, the violet glow causing the woman to widen her eyes and shoot the loaded arrow at the witch.

Damon was quick to shield her with his own body his blue eyes colliding with her own glowing hues after speeding in front of her. Glancing over his shoulder when he didn't feel the painful sensation of being shot her saw the arrow frozen in mid air, a violet aurora borealis type glow shrouding the object.