.Family Ties (Part 2).

.Chapter 7.

.Family Ties (Part 2).

〖→∷✟∞▿¯¯▿∞✟∷←〗

"The Salvatore name was practically royalty in this town. Until the war. There was a battle here—" Damon explained to Brooklyn who sat beside him, her head resting on her hand as she leant on the table in front of them.

"Yeah, The Battle of Willow Creek." Brooklyn mumbled, turning her head to look at the slightly surprised vampire.

"Right." Damon agreed quietly, looking at the brunette beauty in wonder. Sometimes he forgot how smart she was.

"Its common knowledge," Brooklyn waved off with a role of her eyes, leaning back in her seat and crossing one leg over the other, "Confederate soldiers fired on a church with 'civilians' inside." She continued, adding inconspicuous quote marks around the civilians.

"What the history books left out was the people that were killed. They weren't there by accident. They were believed to be union sympathizers. So some of the founders on the confederacy side back then wanted them rounded up and burned alive. Stefan had someone that he loved very much in that church, Damon previously lost someone he cared for in the heat of battle, hoped to stop that pain from being inflicted on his brother, aided him in a rescue attempt. And when they went to rescue her, they were shot. Murdered in cold blood." Damon informed, smiling internally when he saw the brunette lean forward slightly in interest as he spoke. Her eyes, the deep pools of brown swimming with curiosity as she listen to each word that fell from his lips.

"Who'd they lose?" She asked quietly, something about what he said felt familiar. Maybe she had heard it before. Maybe not. Maybe it was a witch thing.

"Women, I guess. Doesn't it always come down to the love of a woman?" Damon replied with a soft smile as his eyes traced her face which swiftly changed trying to hide the fact she was curious, though the raven haired vampire caught her curiosity.

Catching his soft look she sighed, running a hand through her hair, "Look I get you have a rocky history with Stefan, and I might not know exactly what happened between you, but I don't want to get stuck as the mediator for you and your brother." Brooklyn informed, looking into his blue eyes, "And I certainly do not want Elena getting caught in the crossfire . So I hope you two can sort this out." She added with genuine sincerity, sending him a small smile. Damon was once again in awe of the woman in front of him, how she can still show him a kindness after he has given her many reasons to show him none. Her actions making him smile softly, a real, genuine smile.

"I hope so, too."

〖→∷✟∞▿¯¯▿∞✟∷←〗

"What'd we miss?" Damon questioned as he and Brooklyn met up with Elena, Stefan and Caroline, Blake having gone home after saying her goodbyes.

"We were just chatting." Stefan answered handing a flute of champagne to Brooklyn who took it with a smile. Seeing his concerned look which was unnoticed by the others she sent him a reassuring nod, letting him know she was fine.

"Thanks." Brooklyn said raising her glass slightly and taking a sip. The faint taste of vervain hit her tongue, making her smirk softly. He was still trying to protect her. Cute.