.The Return (Part 2).

.Chapter 46.

.The Return (Part 2).

〖→∷✟∞▿¯¯▿∞✟∷←〗

"Did you know the Gilbert device affected Tyler Lockwood?" Bonnie question the raven haired vampire as the two of them stood in one of the many rooms of the Lockwood mansion.

"Well, I know it took the mayor down." Damon replied absentmindedly as he threw back a few complimentary appetisers.

"Don't you want to know why?" Bonnie questioned looking at the vampire with an irritated expression.

"Yes Bonnie, I would love to know why a non-vampire was tortured by the vampire torture device that you let John Gilbert use against us." Damon retorted with a slightly taunting tone as he looked at the witch, "Speaking of your guilt, how's Caroline?" He questioned with a jeering smirk.

"She's much better." Bonnie swiftly replied.

"You're welcome."

"No, you're welcome."

"Why am I welcome?" Damon asked incredulously turning to face her.

"You live to see another day." Bonnie answered simply narrowing her eyes at the vampire.

"No good deed goes unpunished with you, does it?" Damon asked.

"Doesn't undo the bad." Bonnie began looking up at him with barely hidden loathing while he popped another appetiser into his mouth with a faux curious expression, "I know what you are Damon, you might have my sister and the sheriff and everybody else fooled but not me. One wrong move and I'm gonna take you out." She threatened lowly no hint of a joke in her words.

"Now you need to stop with the witches' brew. You're starting to believe your own press." Damon taunted with a smirk clearly not taking her threat seriously.

Looking down at the table Bonnie redirects he gaze to the vampire beside her, causing him to raise a hand to his head in pain from the aneurism she was inflicting.

"Oh, I'm sorry, you were saying?" She mocked with a dead serious expression.

Clenching his jaw Damon dropped his hand by his side before turning to the youngest Bennett who had begun to leave, "How's your sister?" He called out his previous smirk having formed into a flat line, "Spoke to her since you almost made scrabbled egg out of her brain?" He questioned with slightly narrowed eyes. If she wanted to play dirty then so would he.

After everything he tried to do in an attempt to get on Bonnies good side for the sake of her sister she had to go and put Brooklyn in danger, albeit unintentionally, however that didn't change the fact she could have died. Now trying to get along with the younger witch was going to be much more difficult considering she had caused Brooklyn harm, whether it was on purpose or not.

"Stay away from my sister." Bonnie snapped spinning around to face the vampire with a withering glare.

"Funny," Damon began with a slight glare of his own, "out of the two of us I'm the one who hasn't actually hurt her." He finished seeing guilt flash across her eyes, at least she knew what she did wrong.