.Bad Moon Rising (Part 1).

.Chapter 52.

.Bad Moon Rising (Part 1).

〖→∷✟∞▿¯¯▿∞✟∷←〗

Pushing open the doors to the Forbes household Brooklyn held a side bag loosely over her shoulder which she gently shrugged higher when she closed the door.
"Honey I'm home!" The with called out with a playful smirk.

"In here!" Carolines voice called out causing the brunette to head toward the baby vampires room.

"What's cookin' good lookin'?" Brooklyn grinned dropping her bag onto the girls bed.

"Me!" Caroline exclaimed throwing her hands to her sides, "I'm cooking!" She added making a small amused smile appear on the witches face, "This sun thing is such a pain... literally." She grumbled with a pout, folding her arms over her chest.

"Well my sun bound vampiric goddess," Brooklyn began with a teasing smirk, causing a smile to appear on the blondes face, "I am here with gifts and offerings to help you with your transition." She continued, lifting up the bag and extending it to the younger teen with a slight bow which made the blonde laugh.

"Why thank you kind sorceress." Caroline played along with a wide smile, the witch opposite always able to brighten her mood, she reached out and took the bag with a regal nod.

"Now," Brooklyn began hopping onto the bed and crossing her legs causing Caroline to do the same, placing the bag between them, "Daylight rings are a little hard for me to make." She stated gradually pulling the contents out of the bag, "Mainly do to the fact my magic has this 'evil energy', so spells and such normal witches do, don't work for me." She explained with a slight eye role, "But I spoke to my little Bonny Rabbit and she said she will make you, your very own, servant of nature certified, daylight ring." She finalised placing the empty bag beside her and resting her hands on her knees, she had spoken to her sister last night and Bonnie was more than willing to help after Brooklyn had assured her that Caroline didn't hurt anyone, along with the fact she would be coming over today to give her things to help with the change.

"So, what's all this for?" Caroline wondered in awe looking at all the different witchy totems and herbs the witch had brought with her, "Oh what's that?" She asked, eyes widening at the sight of the amethyst necklace lying beside a bottle of clouded liquid.

"That's my attempt at a compromise." Brooklyn answered, reaching out to pick the necklace up holding it up so the blonde could see it clearly, "It's not the same as a daylight ring, but its similar. I made it as a shield for the wearer, like an invisible layer of protection over your skin." She explained slowly moving off the bed and around so she was behind Caroline, "Because it holds a piece of my magic within the crystal it will always have power, but that also means it's affects are visible, mainly to other witches or vampires and such but the ordinary may also see it in a certain lighting, it might look like a light violet shimmer over you skin. Almost like a glow." She continued to divulge to the blonde as she clasped the necklace securely around her neck, as soon as the clasp closed a faint shimmering glow spread out from where the crystal shard made contact with the blondes skin.

"Woah." Caroline whispered in astonishment looking at her arms and hands as the shimmering reached the tips of her fingers completely covering her form in its protective skintight shield.

"Because I made it as a shield of sorts, it wasn't necessarily given a specific target of protection." The witch began, guiding the blonde vampire to stand, "But now, I can change that." She added with a smile, moving the blonde to stand in front of her closed curtains, "Since my magic from within the crystal has formed a thin veil of protection over your skin, whenever the sunlight touches it," she started to explain, pulling open the blondes curtains allowing the sunlight to filter in brightly, causing Caroline to shield her face on instinct, "It gets transferred back into the crystal." The witch finished with a soft smile.