.Brave New World (Part 1).

.Chapter 49.

.Brave New World (Part 1).

〖→∷✟∞▿¯¯▿∞✟∷←〗

Waking up in a bed that wasn't hers, lead to a very confused Bennett witch. Sitting up the curly haired beauty took in her surroundings, her hand moving up to brush her hair out of her face.

The pounding in her head was nowhere to be found making the witch look down at her hands. Her eyes sparked brightly with a pure violet glow while her hands became encased by the same hue, her magic bursting to life as if it were relieved. No longer at war with a parasitic counter part of its own past.

The surprised brunette let out a small breath, lifting her hand in front of her face and weaving her magic through her fingers. She felt different. Stronger almost. Like she was no longer fighting apart of herself, like she won the war that her magic had been fighting and she was finally free from holding back.

Sliding out of bed the witch smiled slightly at the sight of the pure violet glow untainted by the darkness that had infiltrated it previously. Making her way out the bed room she glanced down the hallway relaxing fully when she realised she was at the boarding house.

The witch made a small hum of understanding when she recalled last nights events, her memory still slightly fuzzy from what she assumed to be the devices assault on her mind and magic.

Bouncing down the stairs her mood having been lifted from the previous days, now that her pain had ceased, her magic seemed to be thriving and Caroline was going to be okay now that Damon had given her his blood.

Heading into the kitchen the witch darted straight towards the coffee pot and poured herself a mug before turning and leaning back on the counter with a small smile.

"Someone's chipper this morning." Damon noted, observing the witch with furrowed brows and a confused smile.

"Yeah, I feel good." Brooklyn nodded with a smile, moving over to sit on the stool beside him keeping the hot mug of coffee cupped between her hands.

"How so?" Damon inquired, still slightly worried about the witch after the unexpected visit from her past character.

"I don't know how to explain it I just feel like I'm not fighting against anything inside me anymore." She answered with a carefree smile causing a genuine one to appear on the vampires face, "Does that make sense?" She wondered curiously looking over at him with a small inquisitive smile.

"Yeah, that makes sense." Damon nodded with a smile.

"Uh..." Brooklyn began averting her gaze to the steaming mug in front of her, "Thank you... for letting me stay here." She  uttered gratefully, "I've been a little out of it recently." She finished with an awkward smile as she looked back over to him.

"Anytime." Damon smiled softly, "About last night..." he began wondering if she had any memory of Briannas body stealing visit, "What do you remember?" He asked.

"I passed out at home, next thing I know I'm stumbling around your living room." She shrugged, her mind trying to recall what happened between those two moments in time only coming up empty, though luckily her head didn't hurt anymore. She wasn't too concerned about the blankness in her mind as she knew her magic would soon regain the missed memories.