.Under Control (Part 1).

.Chapter 34.

.Under Control (Part 1).

〖→∷✟∞▿¯¯▿∞✟∷←〗

"Oo someone's late." Damon's teasing voice greeted Brooklyn as she made her way towards where the council meeting was being held.

"Looks like I'm not the only one." The witch retorted throwing the vampire a glances as she types away on her phone.

"After you." Damon smirked when they reached the door, holding it open with one hand while the other gestured her to enter.

"Hmm and I thought chivalry was dead," Brooklyn hummed, "oh wait I guess that's just you." She smirked walking past him, tucking her phone into her pocket as she did so.

"Ha funny." Damon laughed sarcastically, catching up to her in a few strides considering her legs were shorter than his.

"I thought so." Brooklyn smiled walking into the room the meeting was being held in with Damon by her side.

"The coroner's office has officially ruled Vicki Donovan's death a drug overdose. Her family has been notified, the truth will stay in this room and we can put this behind us." Liz announced causing Brooklyn to frown at the reminder of the night Vicki had died.

"Thank you Sheriff. And on to a more pressing issue, John Gilbert has asked to say a few words." Mayor Lockwood declares making the witches face turn sour while Damon had a look of surprise on his face. "Welcome back John, it's good to see you." The Mayor greeted as John took his place in front of the council.

"No it's not." Brooklyn mumbled bitterly, Damon looked down at her seeing she had her face scrunched up in distaste while a cute pout rested on her lips which made him fight the urge to kiss them.

"Hello everyone, it's wonderful to see you, I wish it were under better circumstances." John spoke up drawing the vampires attention away from his desirable thoughts about the witch, "As a founding family member I find it's my duty to report some very distressing news." He continued.

"He's a Gilbert?" Damon asked discretely when Liz had approached him and Brooklyn.

"Elena's uncle. His name is John but I call him Jackass." Liz answered gaining a nod of agreement from the witch.

"If the shoe fits..." Brooklyn chuckled quietly, Liz joining her.

"A hospital blood bank in the neighboring county of Amherst has reported several break ins over the past two weeks. 7 hunters, 4 campers and 2 states employees have been reported missing as well. All of this within a 75-mile radius of Mystic Falls." John revealed time the gathering while Brooklyn crosses her arms over her chest and watching with a bored expression already knowing this.

"Okay okay, no need to get alarmed right at this moment." Mayor Lockwood interrupted hearing the worried murmurs from the council.

"Meaning he doesn't want to cancel the Founders' Day Kick-off Party." Liz muttered to the vampire and witch at her side.

"Kind of selfish, no?" Brooklyn hummed with a small smile looking at the Sheriff in amusement.

"Very." Liz agreed with a small smile.