Prologue

It was a soothing lunch of beans and yam,a meal which only had extreme lovers as well as extreme haters. Unfortunately for Dunni,she wasnt one of those numerous lovers.

       She trudged into the four walls of Western Villa hostel as soon as food was over and headed straight for Room F which was the room she had been assigned since her SS1 life commenced.

        Sure she hated a few of her senior but now,the previous SS3 students had just graduated and she would be in SS2 by the next session. That thought alone was enough to put a smile on her face as she dropped her bag at the edge of her bed before slumping down on it herself.

        She rested for a bit before realising that her plain red school bedsheet which she'd had her bunkie lay on her bed just before heading out for school in the morning was still much fastened to the corners of her bed.

        "Can you imagine?" She sneered lowly,sitting up on her bed. "Em Esther abi what is your name...where is this stupid girl that lives on top of me?" Her voice dripped off venom as she addressed her JSS2 roommate who had just stepped into the room.

       "I think they punished her in refectory(ref),her class is cleaning ref this week" Esther replied lowly,not daring to take any further steps while Dunni was still talking to her.

       "Mxxw!" Dunni hissed,getting up from the bed and taking off her school bedsheet from her bed before arranging her floral motif designed bedsheet which lay beneath.

       "Come! Room F idiots! Arent you people going to scrub this room?!" Kikelomo roared the minute she stepped into the room. Dunni looked up at her friend,smiled inwardly before going back to getting her box from behind her bunk so she could start packing her things.

        "Please excuse me Kike,but we were waiting for Ose to come back before we start sweeping and scrubbing" another junior student replied after climbing down her bunk,clearly referring to Dunnis missing bunkie.

        "Are you mad? Do I look like I care?!" Kike sneered at her,giving her a disgusted overlook before proceeding to the corner space which she and Dunni shared. Being that there were three bunks on each side of the room,Dunni and Kike had pushed the third one to the wall so they could widen the space between their own bunks which they referred to as 'corners'.

       "Dont start sweeping this hostel first! Then you will understand that I dont have energy this afternoon." Kike sneered before throwing herself down on her bed.

       "These junior students can irritate ehn" Kike complained to Dunni who had now started transferring her clothes from her travelling bag into her box. It was the long holidays so she wanted to make sure she packed everything.

        "As in ehn,I dont even have their time this afternoon" Dunni replied lowly,feeling drained as she had still not had anything to eat that afternoon.

        Kike took off the black half-pleated skirt of her uniform which had her school badge used as a motif and scattered over the slightly thick material of the skirt before calling out. "Abeg who is there? Come and pull this shoe from my leg abeg!" She addressed the junior students who had now huddled up in the middle of the hostel,trying to gather the necessities they would need to sweep and scrub their room that afternoon.

         After a while of looking over each other,one of them finally submitted,walking to where Kike lay on the bed. "Please excuse me!" She declared before entering the corner and taking off Kike's shoes as well as her black pair of socks from her feet.

        "Dunni,you must really want to go home o,see as you are packing strong strong" Kike laughed as she loosened the navy blue tie which hung over her neck and unbuttoned the buttons of her white dress shirt which had the school badge crested to the left side of her chest.