Chapter XI

Sorry for the late update guys,I've been writing exams and all. I'll try update extra as a compensation. In the meantime,enjoy💕.

Kainene

         In order to bless the new students,the school authorities had us attend mass on Monday morning. It was funny,because we'd already reached school block before they issued the order. Nevertheless,we headed for the chapel.

       Jade remained in class though,because she wasn't too strong. I'd suggested taking her back to the infirmary but she kept insisting she was okay and she just needed to sleep. I finally gave in,knowing fully well that she wouldn't be disturbed as the school authorities were well aware of her condition.

        But now,the mass had come to an end and the rest of the school had been asked to leave the chapel and we,final year students,had been asked to wait behind.

          The row was gradually getting rowdy,people had started leaving their seats and mixing up and seeing as they'd left us waiting for some minutes,I assumed the school had external bodies who wished to address us because I couldnt come up with any reason why they would keep us this long otherwise.

         "Kaine" Onome called from the end of the pew. "Yeah" I replied,averting my gaze from the book in my hand to where she stood. "I'll be back yeah" she informed me. Looking a few metres behind her,I could spot Aimua,so I didnt bother what she needed her time for. She'd told me she was going to meet him but it was meant to be brief. This only meant she needed more than the cliche 5 minutes.

         "No wahala" I told her,turning back to the book as I continued memorizing the content. I was practically alone on my pew now. I didn't look back but from the noise I could hear from behind the chapel,I knew students had huddled up there,discussing topics of their best interest.

         After a while,I started feeling someone's breathing against my neck. It was rhythmic and almost too smooth,making me flinch to meet Daryl's face infinitesimally close to mine. "Oh my gosh" I breathed,making him chuckle.

         "Once again,you didnt even notice I was here" he told me. "Because you snuck up on me and I was trying to memorize this stuff" I told him. He smiled,finally averting his gaze to the book in my hand before walking out and to my pew,taking a seat beside me.

         "Were you able to finish memorizing it?" He questioned,taking it from my hands. "Yeah,sort of" I shrugged as he looked between me and the book he had snatched from me.

         "So you can say everything in the paper now?" He mused with a smile. "Not really sha..." I trailed off with an unsure expression,making him chuckle. "I'm not even sure I can remember mine well sha,but should I say it for you?" He questioned.

         "No way I'm letting you have the victory of rubbing it in my face" I declined,making him laugh. "This girl..." he commented in between laughs,making smile creep it's way to my lips just watching him laugh. It was funny,how I seemed to no longer notice the prescence of my classmates.

          "I thought you were going to recopy it,I'm surprised you didn't" he told me after his laughs died down. Looking to my jotter in his hands,I parted my lips to reply "It was fine and neat and your part wasnt in it so I figured you wouldnt need me to send it back"

          "So you're saying my handwriting is fine?" He mused with that mischief-filled smile. "Yeah,its fi..." I paused,diverting my gaze to him and noticing how his smile was beginning to widen. Giving off a playful hiss,I snatched the book away from him.