Chapter XLIV

Kainene

           I stirred in my place over my bed,giggles eluding my lips as my eyes remained transfixed on the movie which was now playing on my tablet screen. It had been long since I saw a korean drama due to our concurrent exams and I felt absolutely elated that I finally got my chance to catch up on them.

          On my return home,my mum had still been mad at me but she'd done well to hide it. For some reason,she was holding herself back. She returned to her office after she'd ensured my things were neatly tucked upstairs and Anne had lunch served on plates.

           Perhaps,I should have really done this earlier. Even if it was a minute or two,she seemed to be giving me a little of her time nowadays and I delighted in that fact. I'd been so happy that her punishment of withholding my phone for two weeks had done little to affect me.

          Nevertheless,she'd come to my room this morning before she'd left for work and returned the phone to me. It was almost unnecessary as she'd lent me her tablet which I'd been using to binge watch all the K-drama series she'd stocked in it. 

          If only Sister Whitney knew she'd done me such a big favour. Truly,every disappointment is a blessing. My mother had even suggested us going to a spa later in the week and I'd almost gagged on my plate of cereal when she did. Like as if loving the effect her offer had on me,a sinister yet amused smirk had played on her lips as she sauntered out of the house.

         I had to be living on clouds. I didn't know what she'd heard or who she'd heard it from but whoever that person was had done a fine job. Glee churned within me the more I pondered.

         "Kainene!" Anne's voice met my ears,causing me to bring the movie to a pause. "Yes!"I called back.

         "O we onye bia ï hu gi oh!(There is someone here to see you)" She informed,her voice reverberating through the hallway and causing my brows to dip in confusion. If I recalled right,I hadn't drafted any plan to meet with anyone today.

         Nevertheless,I threw my deep blue jean clad legs over my bed,slipped on my home slippers and proceeded out of my room. Who the hell was at the door and what gave them the right to interrupt my movie? I grunted within me as I descended the flight of stairs and approached the door.

           After I'd turned twice on the lock,my pull had the door flexing in its place and revealing two figures of good height behind it. It took me a while to take in the sight,at first wondering what Temi was doing at my door.

         Every logical reasoning seemed to disembark from my brain as my gaze shifted to Daryl who leaned carelessly over the railing of the porch,hitting the screen of his phone recklessly.

          He was clad in a pair of black cargo pants,a white T-shirt thrown over his torso,feet clad in a pair of white socks and tucked neatly into nike sneakers and a black baseball cap draped over his head.

         "Daryl!" I gushed,earning his attention and a grin which plastered itself unto his face as I rushed towards him, literally throwing myself around him.

         He let out a deep laugh,so husky that it resonated through me as he was quick to wrap his arms around me as well,keeping the balance of us both. I had no idea I'd missed him this much. I had no idea I'd open my door and spot him on my porch.

         "Awwwn,I missed you" he cooed,as we pulled away. "I swear,how did you even get here?" I questioned,mirroring his grin. "I asked this dude to drive me over" he pointed out,giving Temi a tap on the shoulder.