Chapter XXXVI - Chelsey Spills

Just as the boys are saying their goodbyes for their Daresundays Hot Water Challenge video, the doorbell rings through the house.

A minute after that, Chelsey walks out the back to join us. I turn to Alicia, fingers pressed in a gun shape to my forehead. "Fml." I mouth, and she laughs silently.

Luke turns off the camera and disappears straight inside. "I'm just going to edit!" He yells over his shoulder. Hah. More like, 'get me the fuck away from that bitch!'

"Beauuu! Baby!" I have to turn my eyes away. I physically can't bring myself to watch her throw herself all over him.

"You know, there's this thing called dignity, that lots of girls like to use!" I hiss quietly at her. Mel laughs.

"Oh, fuck off!" She replies.

I roll my eyes. "Seriously, how did you deal when he was over in Australia?"

"Hah. More like how did you two deal when he was over here?" She asks maliciously.

My mouth shuts but then I purse my lips.

"You know how I was. Luke and I weren't together! And Mel and Jai became stronger than ever!"

Chelsey's eyes widen like a cat that's seen a mouse. She looks up at Beau and he glares at her. If I know Chelsey at all, that just sealed the deal. Sure enough, she turns back to face us evilly.

"What, weren't you even a little worried about all the girls here?"

I close my eyes briefly, praying to god. I'm not even religious, but I'm willing to do anything if it will stop what I think is coming.

Mel looks between Jai and Chelsey slowly, in dread. "What do you mean, the girls in LA? I trust Jai!"

Beau is shaking his head and Jai's glancing from Mel to the ground. Skip and James both excuse themselves but I couldn't move if I tried and Alicia seems to be frozen to the spot beside me.

"Mel, don't worry, trust me. I told you everything, no girls were here... much."

He stumbles over the last sentence and I wish I had left, before this had started. Chelsey's tinkling laugh rings out.

"What do you mean, there are never girls around here? Last time you were out here, Ariana was hardly away!" She says in her loud, obnoxious voice.

I spin to look at Jai in horror, and he's staring at his shoes, shuffling his feet.

"That wasn't last time!" Beau tries to put in, shooting Chels a glare, but she either doesn't get the hint, or she completely ignores it.

"Yeah, it was. I remember because they'd broken up a while before that and we thought they'd be getting back together, but it was kind of just a fling." She mouths off loudly.

Mel looks completely stunned. Her eyes flicker between Jai and Chelsey, and slowly fill with tears. "I'm sorry." She excuses herself, and turns and runs for the stairs.