Chapter XXXIX - Cock Up

The mood in the house this morning is weird. Everyone is tentative. What with the miscarriage, the drugs issue, Skip's disappearance, Mel and Jai's breakup and Chelsey, it seems like every conversation topic is dodgy, and we're all treading around landmines everytime we speak. The flight isn't until 2pm so we have a lot of spare time. Normally, this would be pretty good. Today, this is the last thing we want.

It's so different, four Janoskians. James joked that now they're just 'Janoskian' and the looks the boys gave him could've killed. I don't think anyone's really adjusted to this all. There was an extra plane ticket for every flight we'd booked, so instead of bringing up arguments, Luke gave it to Gina. She, of course, was overjoyed, and none of the boys had any choice but to accept it.

I'm still excited. In fact, to hell with it, I'm freaking beside myself. Our first stop is Europe, and we finish back in Australia. We'll reach Australia in November and stay over Christmas. I'm super excited because we'll be in Brazil for my birthday. Brazil! I'll turn 18 in Brazil! And jeez, that'll be over 2 years of Luke and I being together. Time flies when you're having fun, I guess.

I don't know how Alicia or Mel feel but they're still coming. They have tickets, and I want them there. Neither of them feel like they belong there, and I understand that, but I don't care.

We're all in the lounge room right now, waiting for Gina to arrive. Our bags are neatly stacked by the door (credit to Mel) and the limo drivers are going to help us pack them into the car.

The silence is killing me. I want to speak up, but imagining everyone turning to stare at me puts me off. Chelsey is turning to give me a glare every now and then but I don't care. The fucking bitch broke up two of my best friends. I'm not backing down. And if no one else will, I'll listen to the fans. Everyone's noticed that Beau's changed because of her. If she's the reason for him blocking fans, I will turn around and stare daggers at her. She gives them back.

Bitch.

If it weren't for the limo driver knocking on our door, we could have gone on forever. Instead, when we're walking to the door, I stick out my foot slightly and she trips over me, throwing her arms out to catch her fall. The moment she hits the ground she lets out a little angry squeal, and I roll my eyes at her.

"Oh, Chelsey, please attempt to make it to England in one piece. We haven't even reached the front door yet!" I laugh airily and Mel and Ali laugh too, exchanging knowing looks with me.

"She tripped me!" Chelsey accuses, using Beau's hand to lift her from the ground.

Mel scoffs. "Don't be ridiculous. Meghan? Trip you? Seriously."

Chelsey's frown sets in now, and I know she'll want revenge in some way or another. None of the boys even act like they noticed, they all know what's going on and they want to keep out of it. Beau's stuck in a hard place, but if I know him at all, Chelsey's days may be limited.

* * * *
Like when we were going to LA, fans meet us at the airport. Paparazzi also meets us, and to my surprise, they seem as interested in Serendipity as the Janoskians. I answer a few questions and take a few fan pictures until conversation starts to lead to the missing Janoskian. I avoid talking about Daniel at all costs. It's awkward, and it's clear that something's up. The fans are especially curious.

We just say that he went back to Australia for a while. Which is true. Mostly.

I've always loved flying, and we fly first class for my first time. Even Mel and Alicia are grinning and joking with everyone as we recline our chairs back with our feet up. Luke gets up off his chair and rolls onto my chair with me, covering himself with my blankets, kissing my face, within five minutes of the seatbelts off sign. Jai's left my mind and I can't stop laughing, pushing him off of me with tears in my eyes. Not to my surprise, Beau has his phone up recording us. Just for the camera, feeling like a daredevil, I pull Luke back by his collar to press my lips to his, and wrap my arms around his neck, lifting one leg up around his waist. Then, when I'm done teasing for the camera, I pull the recliner back in so we're sitting, and push him off, laughing.

To the boys' extreme amusement, Luke hobbles across the small gap between our chairs, awkwardly covering his crotch. Luke curses Beau, laughing, and puts his hand up over the lens. Beau just just moves the camera back to me and I pull a face, sticking out my tongue, still giggling. Jai's cajoling Luke in the background. Luckily Gina's a few rows in front, and the rows are a lot more spacious.

As it is, Luke's next to me and Alicia's on my other side. Beau's next to Chelsey across the aisle on Luke's side, with James and Jai behind him and Mel's across the aisle on Alicia's side. Luke's too embarrassed to sit back down by me for a while and the boys are still losing it.

I recline my chair back and plug in my earphones, blocking out the world and the stress for a few precious hours.