Chapter XXVI - Jai POV

*Jai pov*

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!" Skip continues to repeat as I roll my eyes, still holding an ice pack to my face. My jaw has bruised up the side, and I can hardly get out a sentence. Daniel's punch knocked my jaw straight out, and Luke managed to push it back into place. Luckily it looks straight enough, apart from the swelling.

It was a strange way to find out that you're the father to your best friend's girlfriend's baby anyways.

Mel's sitting next to me with my lunch on a plate. It's fucking impossible to eat, so it's such a sweet thing for her to do, sit there when she knows I won't eat any of it. She's more worried about my jaw than the whole Alicia's baby thing. I was unconcious for a few minutes and according to Meghan she's never seen Mel cry over anyone like that. If she cares for me enough to get over this kind of a hurdle, I really think we could get somewhere.

I think Luke's pissed off, more with himself than anyone else though. He says he talked to Skip and Skip was calm and collected about everything, he was fine about it all. Luke thinks he should have double checked I wasn't there, and then been more careful with keeping Skip and me apart for a bit. It doesn't really matter though, there's no point in Luke getting all bothered about it, it's over. Skip says he just felt suddenly angry, seeing me and realising that I fucked his girl. It makes me feel sick thinking about it. Not that Alicia's not hot, but Skip.

And now I'm a dad.

Fuck.

What is mum going to think about this? Or Nonna?

I can't even imagine how Meghan felt finding this out, and I don't know how the hell she managed to keep it a secret. She must have been absolutely busting, she used to be shit at keeping secrets. I hate to consider that it was us leaving, before she was in the car crash, that may have taught her how to keep quiet. It still kills me to imagine how down she was feeling, enough to drive as stupidly as she did and almost get herself killed.

And Mel. I don't know how my babygirl was feeling, I think we got closer over those 7 months, using Skype to keep in touch. I didn't know that Luke wasn't talking to Meghan, I assumed he was doing what I was. He thought it would be better just to drop it, to cut it off completely. I know for a fact this still haunts him, he still wallows in regret. Luke needs to learn to forgive himself. He's sitting with his head in his hands right now, blaming himself for this whole dilemma.

"Luke!" I call, and he lifts his head, combing through his blonde streaked locks.

"What?"

"Brighten the fuck up!" I yell, and his face twists between annoyance and amusement. "Don't blame yourself for all this, it isn't your fault!" Well that's what I attempt to say. It doesn't come out sounding quite as clear as I planned.

A smile twitches at the corner of Luke's mouth. "I know, Jai. And at least now it's obvious to everyone who's the more attractive twin."

"Yeah, now maybe Imi will be able to tell you apart!" Meghan puts in with a grin. She turns her smile nervously to me, and I return it easily. I'm not mad at her for being timid to tell me about this. It's a huge deal, I understand. I don't blame her for any of this. Her grin gets visibly larger.

"How are you feeling, ugly boy?" She asks, and the nickname makes me laugh. I hear Luke echo my laugh from down on the floor, which cheers me up more, because I know how jealous he gets when I'm around Meghan.

"Pretty good, you little shit." I reply, and wink at her. She beams back.

Alicia's on the sofa with Skip beside her now, talking quietly to him. I've don't think I've ever seen Skip so focused in my entire life. His forehead is crinkled up with the effort. Alicia says something that makes Skip's eyes widen, and he places one hand on her belly. There's no noticeable difference as of yet in my eyes but I'm not a doctor.

"Look guys, it's been an eventful day, but we're gonna have to take off now!" Meghan calls from where she's standing, Luke beside her. It still makes my heart hurt to see her hand held by him, or see them kissing. It hurts that they're going home together. But not as much as it used to. Now I have Mel here with me.

So when Meghan and Luke wave as they walk out the door, I use one hand to return the wave and the other to grab onto Mel's free hand, and hold it.