Chapter IX - Meeting The Janoskians

"I contacted the boys." Luke drops in casually as we sit on a bench by the beach, eating our ice creams. It's now 3:30pm, school's just finished.

"Yeah?"

"They're gonna be here in 5."

I spin to gape at Luke. "What?! This is my first time meeting them, and this is not the impression I wanted to give!" I yell indignantly, caught off guard.

Luke just looks amused. "What the hell do you mean? You look gorgeous! I think you're just nervous to meet them, which you shouldn't be."

I feel my cheeks colour as he guesses it in one. I'm so nervous to meet them. If Luke and I become a proper 'thing', I'm going to be seeing a lot of the Janoskians. And if I don't make a good first impression, it might set us off to a bad start. Plus- "Luke, what if they don't like me?" I ask timidly. Luke's face changes to sympathetic in an instant.

"Babe, of course they will! You're amazing, and plus, Beau and Jai know you, you're like a sister to them. It's just Skip and James. And with three of us already on your side, they can't not like you!" He leans over to kiss me gently. "You. Are. Fucking. Perfect." He punctuates each word with a kiss, and I'm grinning before he finishes.

"Woah, woah, time out, lovebirds!" Beau's familiar voice cajoles from over our heads and my anxiety comes back in an instant. My eyes roam for the unfamiliar faces, and I find them quickly. One boy has blonde highlights in his quiff, and two lip piercings. He's already grinning and he has a cheeky, childish kind of air to him. There's something else about him that I just can't place though... And it's making me uneasy. The other boy is the tallest by far and has an angular jaw and a little shiny stud in his cheek. He also has a tragus piercing in that's identical to my own. He's smiling at me too, and I can't help but smile back, feeling my nerves melt away. Luke's stands up beside me.

"Guys, this is Meghan. Meghan, this is James, and this is Daniel." I give a small wave to both boys, smiling. Jai comes up beside me and gives me a huge hug, lifting me from the ground.

"I haven't seen you in forever, Megzie!" He says, clearly showing off to his friends. Beau notices this too, rolling his eyes, and moves Jai out to lift me himself.

"I haven't seen you since this morning, Megzie, when you were making out with my little brother in the back of my car!" James and Daniel roar with laughter but the twins frown and I blush.

Luke reaches over to put his arm around me and pulls me in close. "I think we should all go for a walk on the beach." He suggests, and we start walking down the steps.

"Lukey, I just need to quickly go to the toilet." I say, standing on tip toe to kiss his cheek. This makes him smile, and he nods.

"Sure. But don't hide away there! Hey, why don't you call Mel and Alicia?" He suggests, and my face lights up.

"That is a great idea babe!" I say enthusiastically, and turn to jog to the toilets.

These toilets are typical beach toilets, grimy and unhygienic, I can tell from the outside. Sure enough, when I push open the door (with my fingertips) the first thing I see is a freaking bong next to the sink. Nobody's beside it though, and there's only one cubicle locked. Just as I'm considering that, the door unlocks and out walks someone I never thought I would see again.

Her dark hair is longer than it was when I saw her last, and her eyes look more worn. She's dressed in McDonald's uniform with a little name badge: Tracey. I really hope to god that's not her bong.

Her eyes catch mine, and light up. "Meghan! Oh my god!"

She exclaims, running to me with her arms outstretched. "I haven't seen you in forever! Mind you, you've probably been jet setting with that amazing boyfriend of yours. I saw you two on freaking TMZ." Hang on, what?! TMZ?! I make a mental note to ask Luke about that, but right now Tracey sounds a little bitter and I quickly step in.

"No, no, we're not dating and I'm still at school, and still working. Life goes on like normal. Still not going out anywhere." I laugh, and she laughs with me. Tracey and I used to be really close friends, we worked together and went to school together, but she moved house, and school and work, at the beginning of the year.

"Hey, you should come out on Saturday with me, there's a party. I'll pick you up! Bring your gorgeous boyfriend!" She suggests, and I grin. There's no way in hell Luke will agree to us going with Tracey. He used to know Tracey too, but didn't have such a... positive experience as I did.

"Yeah, I'm totally up for it!" I say, and she beams.

"I'll text you!" She promises, and I smile and give her a hug before going into the cubicle. I hear the door shut.

Sitting in the cubicle, I pull out my phone and text Mel, Nicole and Alicia telling me where we are. Alicia replies straight off saying she's on her way, and Mel replies while I'm washing my hands, saying the same thing. Nicole doesn't reply until I'm out of the toilets, and she tells me she's busy seeing her boyfriend of a few months, Caleb. As I leave, I notice the bong isn't there. It stirs uneasiness in my stomach, but I'm sure someone else just came and picked it up. It couldn't be Tracey.

* * * *

"Guys, this is Alicia and this is Mel. Girls, Skip and James." I introduce Serendipity to Janoskians. Alicia is almost shivering with excitement and Mel is suppressing a huge grin.

"Hey girls." Beau puts in, smiling. He gives them both a hug, but I notice he seems to linger on Alicia's hug longer. My eyes narrow. Daniel's do too.

"So, how about we go for that beach walk?" Luke interjects, sensing the awkwardness. I nod hastily and steer off Ali and Mel. The boys follow.

It's not a long walk there and back, and the boys make fools of themselves and end up soaking wet while the girls just laugh and run away. It's cute and cliche, and it's one of my best days with Luke so far.

Mel and Jai get along really well, which makes my stomach stir a little but I hold it back, and to my annoyance, Skip and Ali seem to hit it off. The more I talk to Daniel, the more he makes me uncomfortable. There's just something I can't place...

We all catch the train home and the boys muck around like usual, just without a camera. We all get off at different stops apart from me and Luke. Luke stays on a stop longer to walk me home, then walks back to his house. It's cute. I love him.

I love him? Do I? I'm not sure, but it definitely feels like love to me.