Chapter XLIX - Kiki

"Here we are!" Luke pulls the car into a parking spot next to a nice little street café. It's one of those cute city ones, with tables shaded by umbrellas, and milkshakes in huge metal cups. Luke gets out first, then opens my door for me. The gesture makes me smile. I woke up this morning confused but warm in Luke's arms, and neither of us chose to mention the awkwardness of the situation and gave in to our feelings. We spent the day together in the city catching up, and it's been a lovely warm morning with no arguments.

We decide to sit outside, seeing as it's a nice spring day. The air is crisp, but at the same time warm enough and the sun is beating down pretty strongly. The tables are round and Luke sits across from me, holding my hand over the table.

"So, babe. How are you liking Adelaide?" He asks me and I smile.

"I love it! It's so peaceful, not as busy as Melbourne. Everything's so nice, and relaxed!"

He grins like he likes my answer. "That's good, because we're gonna be here a bit longer. The tour's been postponed for a little while cause of the ISIS threats in America. They don't wanna send us over just in case."

My eyebrows crease in disappointment. "But what about the fans? Are they okay with all this?"

He shrugs sadly. "I guess there's really no choice. It isn't worth it at the moment. We'll definitely get there as soon as possible, and we've all been apologising on Twitter."

I nod understandably and sigh. "It is as it is." I say, and Luke shoots me a weird glance.

"Since when do you speak in riddles like that?" He asks, bemused.

I shrug and giggle. "I don't know! It just came out!"

Luke starts to say, "Anyway, I've got something-" when the waiter interrupts. We place our orders; I'm not hungry so I order a banana thickshake and a chocolate muffin, and Luke orders a chicken parmi and a strawberry milkshake.

When the waiter's gone, Luke doesn't finish his sentence, and I don't push it.

We're quiet for a while, until Luke's face lights up and he waves to a girl walking down the street. She looks vaguely familiar, but I can't put a name to the face. All I can see at the moment is how pretty she is, and how shapely. She could be a model.

Her face lights up when she catches sight of Luke, and she walks over to us. I try to force a smile but I know that it looks more like a grimace.

"Lukey!" she squeals as she gets closer, and she spreads her arms for a hug. Luke stands up to reach her.

"Kiki! Long time no see!"

What the fuck kind of name is Kiki?! Is all I can think. And- Slut.

She embraces Luke, and catches my eye over his shoulder. We keep eye contact until they stop hugging and then she says, "So, Luke, do introduce me to your gorgeous... friend." Her accent is definitely from elsewhere.

Luke beams at me and her, clearly thinking we're getting along. I just want this bitch to be gone. "This is Kiana Brown, Meghan, a friend of mine from LA. Kiana, this is my girlfriend Meghan!"

Kiana widens her dark eyes mock politely, feigning disbelief. Fuck you. "Oh, you're dating! Oh, how cute!" She gushes, and I just want to push her off a cliff.

Luke obviously does not think the same thing. "You should join us for lunch, Kiki!" He suggests, and I squeeze my eyes shut in disbelief. How about no?!

"Oh, I just had breakfast this morning but I'll just have a water if you insist!" She laughs, a little tinkly, fake ass laugh, and sits down in Luke's spot. Luke sits down next to her. Almost straight away, she leans over him to grab the menu, and when she takes it back, she's practically sitting on Luke's lap.