Chapter II - Luke's Decision

*Meghan's pov*

After dropping the boys home, I walk back to mine, declining Gina's offers of a lift. She clearly wants to be alone with her boys. I spend the walk back thinking about our plans and about Luke. Luke and I had been talking more recently because we've decided to do a collab video, The Janoskians x Serendipity.

Serendipity is my YouTube channel, made up of my best friends and I. Alicia Blue, Melanie Connors, Nicole Andrews and me, Meghan Bradley.

We decided to do something big, something out there, something that Serendipity don't usually do. We generally do challenges and tags, but nothing on the Janoskians level. Since moving to LA, though, I think they've grown up a bit. On the outside, at least. Especially Luke. There's just something so different about him that I can't place, something that makes me uncomfortable, but excited at the same time.

When I get home I knock, but nobody answers so I use my house keys. It's the last week of school holidays and my mum is out with friends until Sunday morning but I thought my twin sister Nadia and brother Hunter would be at home. I've barely got in the house when Luke sends me a short text saying we should do the filming on Wednesday. The text is blunt, but I don't linger over it. That gives me two days to plan. Great, I text back, then I send a message to the Serendipity group chat and lay back on my bed, smiling.

*Two days later*

The doorbell rings downstairs and I stop for a second at my door to let out a little squeal of excitement, before walking down the stairs as calmly as possible. The doorbell rings three more times punctuated with knocks as I'm walking down and I know it's Beau.

"Calm the fuck down!" I yell, laughing.

"Well open the fucking door! I don't have forever to wait!" His voice is muffled through the door but I can hear his tone is joking.

I throw open the door, momentarily surprised to see him alone, and he picks me up like usual and twirls me around. When he puts me down, I look around him questioningly. "Where are the twins?" I ask.

He rolls his eyes, making me smile. "Still getting ready, of course. Luke's sorting out his camera and stuff but I decided to come over early and help you set up."

"Thanks, Beau." I say appreciatively. "The girls aren't even here yet, so you've done well."

He just grins in return.

* * * *

* Luke pov *

"Luke! Oi, we're leaving now!" Jai shouts to me as he hops into the car beside mum. Beau's driven up already so he can drive us back tomorrow.

"Nah, I'll walk man. It's fine. I'm not ready yet." And I don't fucking want to see her.

Jai shrugs and jumps into the passenger seat. As the car drives off, my phone beeps. Probably Beau wondering where the fuck we are.

When I slide my phone unlocked though I'm surprised to see Jason's contact, my old friend from Glenroy. We haven't spoken since I went to LA the first time.

To: Luke
From: Jason
Message: hey man heard your in glenroy, you n jai should cum round were having a party with a bunch of mates :)

My grin spreads across my face. Well, saved by the fucking bell.

To: Jason
From: Luke
Message: hell yes I'll be there in 10

Fuck Meghan's video. All I can hope is she feels a little bit like the way she made me feel. Fucking disappointed and played.