12: Roseanne Park

Jungkook was in a supine position on his bed looking up at the starry ceiling thinking about his Spark. He had no choice but to deal with it. Jungkook was bored. He sighed and got his phone from the nightstand. It's been a long since he touched his phone. Text and missing phone calls from his parents and his friends from home.

A text from Heeyoung caught his attention. "Jungkook please call me if you can,🥺" It said. Jungkook felt bad but now knowing that Heeyoung had a crush on him and made him uncomfortable. He would rather be friends with her. Jungkook didn't feel anything for anyone. And will never. 

Jungkook was too bored. He didn't have a choice to call her. Heeyoung quickly picked up. "Jungkook? Is this you?" She asked, on the phone.

"Yes,...it's me..." Jungkook replied in a tired tone. "Oh, Jungkook, you don't sound too great..." Heeyoung worried. Jungkook blinked and shook his head. "No, I'm fine. I just have too many studies." Jungkook lied.

"Who are you talking to?" Hyunjin asked, coming out from the bathroom. "One of my friends from Busan," Jungkook answered. "Cool. What's their name?"

"Heeyoung."

Hyunjin nodded and listened to their conversation. "So, how is it in Euphoria?" She asked. "It's good. I made many new friends." Jungkook smiled with a nod. "That's great! What do you do there?"

Jungkook gulped. Hyunjin looks at him with concern. "We study a lot here. I'm pretty stressed about that." Jungkook giggled nervously.

Heeyoung laughed. "Remember when you used to sneak out of school when teachers made us study. You should explore that place. See if there are secret passages that take you somewhere cool."

"Yeah,...I don't think I can do that..."

"Jungkook, that doesn't sound like you. You always break the rules." Heeyoung pouted.

"Yeah, but we have to stay in the dorms after 9" Jungkook whined. Heeyoung smirked, "That's not the Jungkook I know. The Jungkook I know would say Fuck the rules and will whatever he wants."

Jungkook giggled. Jungkook stood up from his bed. "Heeyoung, I think you're right."

"Huh? How?" Questioned Heeyoung.

"There might be secret passages ways that can lead me to answers," Jungkook told himself. "Heeyoung I have to go." Jungkook hangs up and throws his phone on his bed.

"Jungkook where are you going?" Hyunjin asked. "Somewhere. I'm going to explore. Don't snitch." Jungkook warns with a glare. "But it's almost 9:30. We can't get out of the dorms." Said Hyunjin.

"Fuck the rules," Jungkook said tartly, putting on the cloak and walked away. The lights were low. It was hard to see. Jungkook went to the common rooms and walked to the exit. His hand went to the hand but stopped. No, this is too easy... Jungkook thought. He looked up to his right and saw the camera looking back down on him. So even in a place like this they use cameras, Jungkook thought.

Jungkook tilts his head and lets go of the knob knowing that some alarm will be off. He walks back to the stairs but catches the window on the side of his eye before going up. His head turns to the window.

Jungkook walks to the window and opens it. "Too easy." He smirked and climbed out. Jungkook jumps down from the window landing on his feet. He runs to the back of the main building, not knowing where to go first. He carefully sneaks inside successfully. He went up the stairs to the very top. Up to the attic of the school. It was silent and peaceful. He could see the path that lead him to Euphoria and more forest was behind it. It looked magical.