02: The letter

Arin takes Jungkook to a small tunnel with Graffiti on the walls. Jungkook looks at the incredible drawings painted inside the tunnel. "How did you find this place?" Jungkook asked. "I would come here every time I felt sad. Every time you'll..." Arin's voice faded off making her not finish with her sentence. Arin looks down and continues to walk quietly towards a small river.

Jungkook looked at her with guilt. He knew exactly what she was talking about. Jungkook didn't know If he should apologize, but he knew that it was the better route.

"I'm sorry," Jungkook says quietly. Arin looks at him and smiles. "The past is the past, Jungkook. Just forget and become who you want to be in the future," Arin said. "You don't want your parents to get mad at you? Clean your face. You got blood everywhere," She adds.

Jungkook nods. He kneels down and cups watering his hands. He looks at it before splashing it on his face. He does this over and over again until no sign of blood is shown. Arin looks at him while he's cleaning his face. She focused on his purple bruise that Songmin gave him. Arin didn't say anything about it.

"You know...My parents aren't around...I'm scared of my brother," Says Jungkook looking at his reflection in the river.

"Oh I'm sorry," Arin said sadly, slowly looking down at her hands. Jungkook starts to giggle and then laughs. "No, My parents aren't dead. They're just on a business trip," Jungkook laughs. Arin blushes in embarrassment. Both of them stood up and grabbed their skateboards.

"Thanks for the help, Arin," Jungkook says, smiling to her nervously.

"You're welcome."

Jungkook gets on his skateboard and skates back home. He rethinks on what happened in the park. Was I possessed?, Thought Jungkook. Jungkook needed to do research on what this demon thing was, or was it even a demon? He remembered how he felt. Trapped. Controlled. He didn't feel like himself.

He stopped at the front gate of his house. He looked inside and his eyes widened. He opened the gates and ran inside, glancing at his parents car. He opened the front door carefully.

He sees the figure of a short fit woman. "Jungkook, explain..." She began, crossing her arm with each flinger landing on her one by one. She glared at Jungkook as she found him a punishment.

"Mom, I-I....I just went to go see my friends..." Jungkook faked a smile. His mother raised her eyebrow in doubt. "Mom I'm not lying," Said Jungkook sharply. It was kind of a half lie. He did see his friends...

"You were not allowed to go outside at any cost, young man. What did you not understand? Have you been doing this for the whole summer?" Yelled his mother, grabbing him by the ear. "Oh hello son,"

"Your son has been disobeying the rules! You're not going to punish him!?" Yelled his mother. Jungkook's dad looked at Jungkook and his bruise. "Who gave you that bruise?" He asked with a serious tone. Jungkook started sweating nervously.

"I-I...I had a fight with Songmin..."Jungkook sighed as he confessed. He looks down waiting for his punishment. His mother was going to yell at him but his father stopped her.

"Did you win?"

"Are you serious?"

His father shushed her. Jungkook slowly nodded. His dad formed a smile on his face. "That's my boy!" He said proudly. Jungkook was shocked but celebrated with his dad. "You are grounded for 3 weeks for the way," Said Jungkook's dad.

"What? I thought you were on my side?"

"Nope. You still disobeyed the rules and got hurt. You always do this. You always get in some kind of trouble."

"How do I fix this?" Jungkook asked desperately. "Stay in your room, and when you enter school, you have to go and come back. Easy and simple."

"NOO!" Jungkook whined.

"Actions have consequences, Jungkook," Said his mother. Jungkook scoffed and stomped to his room. He slammed the door shut and fell on his bed. He was too tired for this. He got his phone and raised it in front of him. He didn't know what to say.

Jungkook felt helpless thinking about what happened. What If it happens again? Who can he talk to? Jungkook thought and thought for an answer but it doesn't make sense. Jungkook pulled his sheets on top of him aggressively.

"JUNGKOOK!" Called Jungkook's mother, yelling at him from downstairs.

"WHAT?"

"CAN YOU GET THE MAIL FOR ME?"

Jungkook angrily kicked the sheets off him and stomped downstairs. He ignored his mother and walked out the front door and to the mailbox. He grabbed all the mail and closed the mailbox harshly. As Jungkook walked back inside, he looked at all the mail out of curiosity.

There he sees an odd-looking letter. Jungkook widens his eyes as sees where it's from. On the flap of the envelope where it opens was the logo of the school, Euphoria Academy. On the back said: To: Jeon Jungkook (address)

Jungkook's eyes widen with shock. He was in total disbelief and thought it could be a joke. But no. The letter was from the actual school. The mysterious school everyone talks about. It was sent to him. Why? With excitement, Jungkook burst inside and yelled, "Mom! Mom! It's a letter! From Euphoria Academy!"

His mother's eyes widened in shock. She snatched the letter from his hand and looked at it. "Open it Jungkook," She commanded, giving him back the letter. Jungkook opened it and read it out loud. The letter said:

To: Jeon Jungkook

(Address)

Dear Jeon Jungkook,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been chosen to attend Euphoria Academy school in Seoul. Students attending shall be required to come a day before school starts. You'll wait at the front gates of the school until you see the consolers.

Luckily, you won't need any supplies for your classes. Supplies will be given to you. You will need a school bag/backpack. One thing you'll need is a binder with paper and pencils.

You shall arrive at 1:00 pm on August 22, 2020. We are happy to receive 120 new students at Euphoria Academy.

Yours sincerely,

Eunjin Song
Deputy headmistress

Jungkook's mother looked at him in disbelief.

"Y-You're going to Euphoria Academy...YOU'RE GOING TO EUPHORIA ACADEMY!" His mother hugged him and jumped happily. Jungkook didn't know how to react. He was surprised.

"What's all this noise about?" Came in Jungkook's dad. His mother looked at him happily. "Your son is going to Euphoria Academy!"

"What!?" Junghyun and his father said at the same time. His mother showed them the letter. "Jungkook you got to get ready. Pack your bags. You're going to Seoul tomorrow." Said his father. Jungkook nodded and went upstairs.

"I need to tell Songmin about this..."

A/n: Unedited.